Chapter 46

KIARA

I was curious to know everything about Rudraneel's family history. Why he said those things last night, what he meant from it and why he is so twisted.

"I want to know everything, Rudraneel. I want to know you. I want to know the reason behind why are you so twisted and I want to know if you're wrong or right. I just want to know," I spit.

I don't fear him. There is nothing for me to fear, about him or for him. It's just that I should know everything about him so that I don't do anything wrong to him because I can't do wrong to someone even if he gives me pain if I find out that he is suffering, and that's why this is necessary.

"Okay. Then listen," he sighed.
I sat beside him on the bed and looked at him. I was curious to know everything now.

"So, there is a man named Saheb. He considers me and my family his biggest enemy. He hates Akhil Bhaiya from the core of his heart, and well, he is my grandfather," he sighed.
How's that even possible? How can a grandfather hate his own grandson? Is that even possible? From what I have known, grandparents love their grandchildren too much.

"This hate began from the day when Akhil Bhaiya took away everything from him and I stood against him, and since that day, he has one motive in his life and that is to destroy me," he spoke.

I was curious to know everything now. I was curious to prove my judgement wrong and claim that no, Rudraneel wasn't as wrong as I thought him to be.

"So, my father, Amit worked under Saheb. Saheb had two daughters, Neel and Reet. Reet was ten years younger than Neel. Saheb loved his daughters way too much. He could kill or even lay his life for them. And that was the amount of love he had for his wife as well. They were a happy and loving family," He spoke.

I wondered. A family, a loving father and husband, two beautiful daughters. It's a dream for every person in this world. I couldn't help, but wonder, how perfect their lives would have been.

"Saheb ruled the underworld at that time. He ruled Mumbai. Everyone feared him, including the small mafia gangs, such was his aura. People feared him and respected him equally. He had his connections with his law, and he was ruthless and perfect. He had his power, his right hand with him, my father Amit," he spoke.

Rudraneel's father? What did he do?

"But they say that the traitor is the one closest to you. So that happened. My father, Amit, betrayed his boss, Saheb," he sighed.
I noticed Rudraneel's expressions. He looked sad and guilty. I wondered, what did his father do? At that moment, I went near him and held his hand.

He looked at me surprisingly, while I nodded, asking him to trust me and speak.
He sighed and then began to speak.

"So, my mother, Neel got pregnant with a child when I was merely eighteen. And the father was Amit," he confessed.
I was shocked, and I looked at him.

"Saheb didn't approve of this relationship, and that's why Neel went against her father, claiming that he is an enemy of her love and that's why he is saying like that. My mother blindly loved and trusted my father. So much, that she chose her my father over her family, and just like that, she committed the biggest mistake of her life," he spoke while looking towards the floor.

"Biggest mistake?" I looked surprisingly at him.
How can love be the biggest mistake of anyone's life?

"My father claimed to love my mother, and so, when he found out that she was pregnant with me, he brought her to his house, helping her escape from Saheb's place. I was an illegitimate child and my mother was the second woman," he painfully spoke.