Chapter 16

KIARA

I went back to my room and opened my wardrobe to have a look at my clothes. There was a section in my wardrobe where it was full of bright and beautiful clothes but ever since Mukul left me, I chose the dull and subtle colours so that I remain unnoticed.
I used to get ready for him, but when he isn't here anymore, why should I be bothered?

I picked up a light yellow coloured suit and went towards the washroom to change. After changing into the dress, I looked at myself in the mirror.

"What's this?"
He scrunched his nose, making a weird face.

"What? I am getting ready for college," I answered him with a smile.
"Mrs Kiara Thakre, you're my wife, the most beautiful girl in this world. And a girl like you isn't allowed to wear dull colours," Mukul responded like he was boasting about me.

I turned towards him.
"So, what do you want?" I asked him, smiling at his expressions.
"Wear something gorgeous, like shades of red or blue or even black. What are these shades of white and grey and light yellow stuff? You're one gorgeous woman, you should look gorgeous," he winked.

I looked towards the floor as I controlled my tears. The smile on my face vanished.

"You were the colours of my life, and now, with you gone, how can I embrace those colours," I mumbled in a low tone.
"Kia, where am I gone?" His words hit my ears.

I looked at him and he was glaring at me with a little angry look.
"Tell me, where am I gone, Kia? I am here, with you. You can imagine me, talk to me in your imaginations and it feels surreal to you, it makes you happy, so tell me, where am I gone? When I am with you mentally and emotionally," he asked me.

I couldn't answer him, what should I answer when I know he is right.
"You were the one who used to say that, Mukul, you know, our connection isn't physical, it's emotional. We are connected through souls, like soulmates. So, answer me, when we are soulmates, then how can we be separated from each other? How can you be one and I be the other? We're one, and so, I am here with you," he was scolding me.

"Mukul, go away," I sighed as I closed my eyes tightly.
I couldn't control my tears anymore so I wanted to cry. I could sense that he wasn't there anymore so I just crumbled into the bed, letting out a deep sigh.

It's not easy, it's never easy to lose your best friend, the love of your life at such a young age. To lose the only one whom you loved unconditionally, it hurts and it hurts badly. So in the end, his absence was hurting me, I couldn't move on from the grieve I felt after losing my husband, but I had to move on. No matter what, I had to, for Aai and for him.

I immediately wiped my tears and looked into the mirror. He was right, these dull colours don't suit me. I walked towards the wardrobe and took out a blue and black outfit. I changed my clothes, picked up my bag and walked out of the room.

"Yeah, I am ready," I responded as I looked at Milan and Aai who were waiting for me.
"So, let's go," Milan got up from the sofa and I nodded.

I waved goodbye to Aai and both of us walked out of the door.

As we climbed into the lift, I could sense my heart beating rapidly. I felt nervous and to be honest, I was scared.
It was yesterday when the entire college was ready to lynch on me, and now, I am going to step into that college again, and I wasn't getting good vibes. I was plainly scared.

As we walked out of the lift and then out of the apartment, I noticed that there wasn't any car, it was a bike.

"A bike?" I couldn't help but ask him.
"Yeah, the cars are owned by the boss, so I had to opt for a bike," he answered.