Chapter 30

AVINASH

"What Nandini? Avinash, I am your mom."
I was shocked when I heard that. My mom? How can that be possible? When I can hear the voice of that girl, I can see her. This isn't possible.

I looked at her again. She was giving out an evil smirk. I rubbed my eyes rapidly and then looked towards her again, and this time I was shocked.

It wasn't Nandini. It was my mom. How the hell am I hallucinating that girl even in my house? She can't come here. It's impossible for her to come here. Am I going mad? Why is she everywhere?

"Mom!" I gasped.
My mother looked worried and anxious. She was looking miserable. How would she not? Any mother would feel terrible if she sees her son like this. It's natural.

"Avi!" She sighed my name and rushed towards me.
And in no time, I was in my mother's arms. She had hugged me tightly and was weeping. She sounded much more in pain than I was in.

And at that time, I couldn't stop my tears as well. I sobbed in my mother's arms.
"Maa! Save me from that woman. I can see her everywhere, in my dreams, in anyone else. Save me from her," I cried out.

I was really troubled and all I wanted at this time was to vent out. And all I needed was my mother with me.

KIARA

I took a shower and draped the saree that Rudraneel had given me. And after that, I looked myself at in the mirror.

The moment I looked at myself, I went numb for a while. The saree was red in colour and I had never worn red or any other bright colour since Mukul left. And now, a red saree, jewellery and ornaments of a newlywed, vermilion on my forehead, I wasn't able to look at myself.

And that's when tears escaped through my eyes. I felt terrible. Never in my life, I had thought that I would be dressing up as such. I was ready to spend my entire life being called Mukul's widow and I was happy with that. But now, I am someone's wife. Someone, whom I hate, and I had to spend my life with him.

But will I really be able to accept myself as his wife? And will we remain married till eternity? Well, to be honest, I won't let that happen. I can't spend my life with this man.

As I was brushing my hairs, Rudraneel entered the room. I flinched a bit as his entry was unexpected.

"Sorry. I forgot that you were in the room. I should have knocked," he apologised and I was surprised.
Rudraneel Rane was showing chivalry?

"Hmm," I responded.
I turned around and paused a bit. He was looking at me. I looked at him, and it felt like he was adoring me, but why would he do that?

I felt nervous due to his gaze. I wasn't able to understand how would he react.
"You're looking beautiful," he responded, with a slight smile on his lips.

I couldn't say anything at that moment. I was intimidated by him, or maybe, I didn't feel like reacting in anger or arrogance.
I slightly nodded.

"Thank you," I responded.
"You should leave now. Or else you would be late for the hospital," he spoke.
"Yeah," I nodded.
"Milan is waiting for you," he informed.
"Okay! Thank you," I responded and walked out of the room.

I got out of the house and looked at the car that was waiting for me. I walked towards the car and Milan immediately got out of the car.

"No bike?" I asked him, with a smile.
"No. I am not taking my friend for a ride. I am taking my boss's wife somewhere," he responded with utmost humility and I couldn't react.
I smiled uncomfortably.