Chapter 41

SAHEB

"Not Kaal. But, Rudra"
I was surprised at Kaal's words when he asked me to address him as Rudra. I stared towards the main door as I saw him entering my room.

I turned towards my servant and gestured for him to leave. He nodded and left the room immediately, closing the door behind himself.

"Welcome, to my house," I smirked and greeted him welcome.
He slightly nodded and smiled.
I must say, I am quite surprised at the way he is behaving right now. He isn't showing his rage or anger, he isn't growling at me or spitting hate. This is quite an interesting change.

"Thanks," he nodded.
I walked to him, and just to piss him off, I uttered his name.
"Kaal."

"Not Kaal, but Rudra," he calmly responded.
"Can you please elaborate about why I shouldn't call you Rudra instead of Kaal?" I asked.
"Because I am not here to boast about the rivalry between Saheb and Kaal. I am not here to talk to you or threaten you as Kaal. I am here, to talk to you as your grandson, Rudra. Because, I do believe that we have something to talk about, certainly," he humbly replied.

Wow! Kaal is keeping his calm. I wondered, what mind games was he about to play right now.
"Well, then tell me. What's the matter, that you're here to talk to me, Rudra," I sarcastically spoke, laying emphasis on the word Rudra more than usual.

"Sure," he nodded.
I smiled, noticing his gestures.
"Can we sit and talk?" He asked, and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"If you didn't have Amit's blood in your veins, and you were just the son of my daughter, Neel. We would have sat and talked, and I would have pampered you as my grandson. But since you're Amit's son as well, I am taking away the privilege from you," I responded in a hoarse tone.

One thing that Rudra must know is that I am an angry father, who is still not over the death of his daughter. I had to cremate both my daughters on the same day, and for that, I can never forgive Kaal. He has no idea, how terrible it felt for a father.

"My name is RudraNeel. Since I was born, it's my mother's name that's merged with my name. I am known as Rudraneel. I have an essence of my mother," he responded.
I looked at him in disbelief.
"Yeah. But you carry the Rane surname as well. Something, that you inherited from your bastard father," I scoffed.

"Dada," he growled.
"What? Tell me, am I wrong? You obeyed your father blindly, you worked for him, you couldn't even take a stand on your mother's death and now, you want to establish yourself as Neel's son in front of me when you could do nothing for your mother?" I roared, angrily.

He looked towards the floor, maybe he was guilt-ridden, and to be honest, he deserved that guilt.
"You didn't budge to sacrifice your mother, to save your dad's side of the family. You couldn't even fight for her," I was about to unleash all my anger on him, but I controlled myself.

He has no right to take Neel's name from his filthy mouth when he couldn't even save her. He is the biggest culprit for me.

"My father had taught me one thing since I was a kid. Family before everything," he growled, finally looking up to me.
"I can't go against my father, and that's why, I believed since I was a kid, that no matter who is right or who is wrong if that person is my family, I am bound to stand with them and protect them. So, I can't go against my family. And, Kaal will always protect Rudra's family, no matter who the enemy is," he gritted, looking at me.

"Yeah, you sacrificed the woman who brought you in this world, for that family," I rolled my eyes.
"I never sacrificed Maa, nor was it my fault, so stop blaming me," he argued.