Chapter 40

MILAN

I walked towards Kiara's room, considering boss's suggestion to be with her. She needed a friend and I had to be available for her, but I was just too busy and I was guilty of that.

I stood in front of her room and then knocked on the door.

"Come in," her voice echoed from the room.
"Yeah," I nodded and then slowly opened the door and got in.

The moment I entered the room, I saw her making notes, while her textbooks and other assignments were spread on the bed and she looked utterly confused. I smiled looking at her like that.

"Kiara," I called her and she looked at me.
"Milan," she got excited after seeing me and left her notebook aside and rushed to me.

And then, she hugged me, tightly.
After a friendly hug, she looked at me and I smiled.

"Where were you?" She questioned, looking at me with a disappointed look.
"I was just busy," I pouted and she rolled her eyes.

"So, tell me, how are you?" I asked her with a smile.
"Well, okayish I guess. But at first, I want to get done with the finals as soon as possible," she muttered.

I kept her textbooks aside and sat on the bed while she sat beside me.

"Yeah, I can see, how bad you're preparing for your finals," I pointed towards her books.
"I had to do that, Milan. I have to make Mukul's dream come true and for that, I have to study a lot," she replied.

"Mukul?" I asked her, surprisingly.
She was still thinking about Mukul all the time.
"Yes. The only reason, I am moving on with my studies, I am trying to be a bit happy and I am even alive, it's all because of Mukul. We saw a dream together, a dream of being good microbiologists, and I have to make that dream come true," she spoke.

I noticed a certain smile on Kiara's face whenever she spoke about Mukul. Even though she lost him, she was still living with her memories and trying to be happy. And this was something that could never change. I knew, she still imagines Mukul and talks with him. They're like soulmates, no matter how hard someone tries, they can never be separated from each other and to be honest, a love like Kiara and Mukul, it's something so rare.

"Yeah, finals are on our heads. That's why I have been invisible to you. I was focusing on my studies and work," I sighed, trying to change the topic of Mukul.

Yes, I didn't want to hear about Mukul from Kiara, because that made me feel terrible about Boss. Because I knew, no matter how much boss loves her, or in future, even Kiara falls in love with boss, a love like Kiara and Mukul, that's so rare and she can never love someone like she loved Mukul. This makes me sad because boss would never be her one true love, whom she would like to unite in the afterlife. It will always be Mukul.

"I wonder, how do you manage? That kind of work and studies," she muttered, looking curiously at me.
"I have to. I have no other options," I sighed and smiled.
"Nice," she nodded.
"But as soon as I was able to make some time, I rushed here, to meet my best friend," I immediately spoke, pulling her cheeks.

"Argh! Milan, not this," she angrily pouted and I chuckled.
And then, I noticed her smiling as well.

"So, how has been life?" I asked, looking curiously at her.
"Well, to be honest, I don't know," she responded, in a low tone.
"What happened?" I asked.
I was concerned about her.

"Look. If I see my career and professional life. It's going great. I am somehow managing my studies. I got a job from campus placements and the company would sponsor my higher education such as masters. My dreams are coming true, and I would be in a great position career-wise in the upcoming years. Like I have always wanted," she spoke, with a mild smile.
While I kept noticing her expressions.