prologue

In the training yard of the palace, a little girl, no older than 5, is practicing to control her fire.

"Good Kamira, think of the good in fire not the bad," advises her Grandfather.

"Thank you Grandpa, will I ever control it?" Kamira replies.

"Over time you will, that is why I am sending you to the Southern Water Tribe to train with the Avatar," Her Grandfather says, knowing she'll be excited.

"Really?" asks Kamira excitedly.

"Yes, in fact we leave tomorrow," replies Zuko.

"Yes," Kamira is really happy she is going to the Southern Water Tribe as she gets to see her aunt Katara again, but most of all she gets to meet the Avatar.

The next day, they did exactly what Zuko said they would, they hopped on his dragon and rode straight to the South Pole. They landed within a couple of hours in the training grounds where Korra and Kamira will be learning to control their bending, they could see Katara and a young Avatar Korra waiting impatiently behind Kataras leg.

"Zuko," Katara chuckles happy to see him after so long.

"Katara, say hi Kamira," Zuko replies.

"Hi aunt Katara," Kamira greets politely.

"Hi Kamira, Korra come introduce yourself," Katara replies, beckoning Korra to her.

"Hi, my name is Korra and i am the Avatar," greets Korra confidently.

"Hi Korra, my name is Kamira, the princess of the Fire Nation."

This conversation sparked a lifelong friendship and feelings that neither of them will fully understand.