Chapter Eleven - Day Of The Colossus

In the remains of Future Industries, Smoke rising into the air, a large slab of concrete begins to quiver and shake; the higher end of the slab rises into the air, revealing Bolin straining to bend it. The other people trapped by the explosion escape as he keeps the slab at bay.

"Go ahead, take your time, just bending a giant wall! Man, have we got a lot of people hurt!" Bolin exclaims, as Bumi and Su carefully and slowly carry out an unconscious Baatar. "Is that everybody?! Gah!" Bolin drops the huge slab of concrete, throwing himself out of the way as it crashes down. Tenzin airbends himself up to the top of a building and rushes to it's edge, he looks at the Colossus as it wades through the bay, Tenzin stares at it in horror before running from the edge and returning to the others, landing in the middle of the group gathered in a crater of rubble nearby.

"Kuvira is heading our way, with a platoon of mecha suits!" Tenzin says urgently.

"What should we do?" Asami asks.

"This is my hometown and I hate to say it, but there's no use risking all of our lives to fight that giant thing! Let her take the city for now! We'll think of some way to come back and beat her!" Bolin exclaims.

"What about all the people who haven't been evacuated yet? If Kuvira finds out that Wu is with them, she might fire that spirit cannon at him and take them all out." Mako says.

"I couldn't stop Kuvira from taking Zaofu. I'm not letting her conquer Republic City. The world isn't safe as long as she has that weapon." Korra says, causing everyone's eyes to turn to her.

"I'm not leaving this city." Kamira speaks up, looking at the city, everyone turning to her now, Korra and Lila exchanging looks. "This City belongs to me and my family, I've lost some people from my nation in this fight against Kuvira, so I will not rest until she is no longer a threat."

"I agree. We take down that giant today." A firm driven voice suddenly speaks from the top of the rubble crater on Korra's left, the members of the group turning to see Lin standing on a rock.

"Lin!" Lila shouts.

"Glad to see you all made it out. You had me worried." Lin smiles.

"Well, you benders are going to have to fight her alone. She just blew up our factory with all our hummingbird suits." Varrick informs them.

"Not all of them. There are the prototypes back at my office. If we can get those ready to fly, we'll at least be able to offer a little air support." Asami says.

"Su, you take Baatar Jr. and the rest of the wounded back to Asami's office. Get those suits working as soon as you can. The rest of us will just have to face Kuvira on our own." Korra orders.

In the train station, a tremor causes debris to rain down from the ceiling above. The evacuees gathered begin to panic, and Pema climbs onto a bench and yells to the crowd, trying to restore calm.

"Everyone, please settle down. The trains should be returning to pick us up soon." Pema says.

"Tell that mecha jerk to settle down. She's the one blowing up the whole city!" The Evacuee shouts, impatiently.

"I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but I just heard on the radio that Kuvira's army has destroyed the train tracks. We're not getting out of the city by rail." The train conductor informs Pema, climbing up onto the bench.

"Everyone! I was just up on the observation deck and saw a bunch of mecha suit soldiers heading this way!" Tu shouts, jumping up on the bench, pinning her between himself and the conductor.

"Oh great! The giant one wasn't enough?! It's over! We're all gonna get blown to bits!" The Evacuee says.

Wu jumps onto the bench behind the conductor. "Listen everyone, I can get us out of here if you just sit tight. Can you step off the bench, please? It's a little crowded up here." Wu says turning to the conductor.