Chapter Twelve - The Last Stand

Inside the cockpit of the Colossus, an infuriated Kuvira tries to break the ice that is immobilizing the machine. As the Colossus tries to free itself, blocks of ice fall to the ground and shatter. Kuvira bends the right arm of the suit and grabs a piece of a nearby building for support. Finally, all the ice breaks, enabling the mecha suit to move freely. As it moves down the street, a flashing light and siren sound loudly within the cockpit, Kuvira, knowing what it means, yells to the pilots.

"Initiate lockdown! Find the Avatar, the princess, and whoever else is with them." Kuvira orders.

In the knee of the Colossus, the alarm's flash and the siren is heard, as team Avatar minus the airbenders, Asami, and Lila, make a plan.

"We need to move fast. Su, Lin, climb up to the arm and try to disable that weapon. Mako, Bolin, Kamira, get to the engine and see if you can power this thing down. I'm going after Kuvira." Korra says.

"Are you sure? When you fought Kuvira before..." Su asks.

"I know." Korra looks down before looking up determined. "She almost destroyed me. Not this time. Now let's go." Korra says before Kamira stops her, turning to face Mako and Bolin.

"Wait for me guys, I just need to talk to Korra." The boys nod before turning away to give the two girls privacy. "Korra, I'm sorry for what I said and how I spoke to you earlier. I didn't mean any of it."

"Kam, you know as well as I do that you aren't sorry, but that's fine. I'm sorry for some of the stuff I said but I'm not sorry I said it." Korra says, before taking Kamira's face in her hands. "I love you so much and that's why I am sending you with Mako and Bolin. You are so angry with Kuvira and the thought of her makes you rage so much that you want to do horrible things, and your family line tends to go a little crazy sometimes, always at the thought of one person which is strange, but I promise I will stop her. I-I love you so much and I want you to be so careful, okay?" Korra explains, placing their foreheads together.

"Okay babe, I'll try to be careful if you do as well. Also, I love you too." Kamira smiles, before her and Korra share a kiss and a hug before Kamira turns around and follows Mako and Bolin. The trio ascends the ladders while the Beifongs use their metal cables to launch themselves upwards.

In the engine room, where the spirit vines are electrified and feeding power to the tank, Bolin cuts the hatch open with a lava disk, letting him, Mako and Kamira in.

"I'm going for that lever. Bolin, you get the other one." Mako says as the brothers split, Bolin regenerating his lava disc. Mako confronts a guard as Kamira gets the guard that made his way up the ladders.

The guard shoots metal plates, which Mako dodges before throwing a fire blast at him. The guard shields himself with the metal plates. When he shoots more metal plates from his uniform, Mako tries to deflect them with firebending, but his blast hits the spirit vine core, resulting in a small explosion, which throws the firebender into a pillar. He looks over to see Bolin blocking metal plates with the lava disc before turning to see more plates coming his own way. He dodges and kicks up fire before dodging additional attacks and shooting an additional arc of fire. On his left, Kamira is fighting her own guard with a whip of blue fire. As she dodges the metal plates, she wraps the whip around the guard's leg before pulling him towards her and kicking him in the face, causing him to go unconscious. She then turns to the spirit vine and slowly extends her hand out to touch it. When she touches it she feels the constant energy from it, making her think that turning the switches off isn't going to stop it.

Meanwhile, Lin and Su continue their ascent on their cables. They land on a small ramp and walk through the tunnel to see the cannon's operations. As they look at it, metal plates are shot at them.