Chapter Nine - Long Live The Queen

A group of people walk toward an Earth Kingdom airship. Soldiers push the dolly Korra is on while Asami, Kamira and Lila walk forward with their heads bowed down.

"You have to let us out! The Earth Queen is in danger from a group of terrorists calling themselves the Red Lotus." Korra exclaims, turning her attention to the captain as she is pushed up the ramp leading into the airship. "I talked to one of them in the Spirit World yesterday. He's insane!"

"Screaming about terrorists in the Spirit World? You're the one who sounds insane." The captain says, with a toothpick between his lips. He turns and walks inside his ship and the hatch closes. The engine is turned on, and the airship begins to fly. The girls are locked in a cell, Korra being locked to the wall, the crew chaining Asami, Lila, and Kamira to the floor.

"Do I have to be chained to the floor the whole way? It's going to be so uncomfortable." Asami sweet-talks the crew.

"Sorry Ma'am, I'm under orders." Arik chains the girls.

"Can't you just chain her to that railing? And bend our hands to the wall?" Kamira asks, looking at the railings on the wall. "I mean where are we gonna go?" The ship crew glances at Kamira. "Please?"

"Well, as long as you're chained up. I guess it doesn't make a difference." Arik chains Asami to the railing and bends Kamira and Lila to the wall.

"Thank you, sir." Lila says.

"Can I have... some water?" Korra asks.

"No water. We're also not going to bring you any rocks or fire, so don't ask. I guess there's air, but there's nothing we can do about that. We're not opening your compartment 'til we reach Ba Sing Se." Arik answers, walking out of the cell.

"He does realise that you can't bend unless you have your hands and feet. Right?" Lila says, causing the others to furrow their eyebrows.

"He also realises we can bend fire without fire being around us. Right?" Kamira continues.

"I hoped Mako or Bolin would have shown up to save us by now. I wonder if they're okay." Korra says after a moments silence.

The Airship flies over Si Wong Desert, Korra struggling inside against her restraints, but to no avail.

"We have to find a way to get out of this prison before we get to the Earth Queen." Korra tells the girls.

"Don't worry, I have a plan. Those airships the Cabbage Corp sold to the Earth Kingdom are way cheaper than the ones Future Industries built." Asami answers, standing against the wall and struggles, pulling against the railing. She jumps to bring her hands in front of her before throwing the railing to catch it upright. "Now that's just shoddy workmanship." Asami walks up to Korra. "There's no way I can get these locks off. I need the keys. There's also no way I can get you two off the wall so I need to release Korra first." Asami looks at the floor before prying a panel open with the railing. "Give me five minutes, then start yelling for help." Asami crawls down the pane, as the other three give each other glances.

Outside the cell, Arik is standing guard when he hears Lila shouting. "Guards!" Arik runs to the door. "Get in here!" Arik opens the hatch. "Something happened to our friend. She needs help."

"Where is she?" Arik asks before he is knocked out by Asami. She opens the door, triumphantly spinning the keys around her finger. She frees Korra from her restraints, while Korra removes the muzzle. Korra then turns and releases Kamira and Lila from the wall, pecking Kamira when she is released.

"Nice work. Now let's take control of the ship."

In the cockpit of the Airship, Korra barges in with metalbending. The co-pilot runs up, but is knocked against the steering wheel by an air blast, causing the airship to lose control.