Chapter Eleven - Enter The Void

Su's airship flies above several mountain ranges. Team Avatar and the Adults, minus Zuko who went back to the fire nation, are standing around a map.

"I say we make our approach from the west, drop down from the airship on cables, ambush these Red Lotus low-lives before they know what hit them." Su tells the group, placing an airship figurine in front of the temple on the map.

"It will never work. That combustion lady will pick us off one by one." Lin says.

"You have a better idea on how to save the airbenders?" Su asks.

"Yeah. We come up from the valley, scale the side of the mountain and take them off guard." Lin answers.

"That could work." Tonraq says.

"And give them the high ground? No, if their lavabender spots us, he'll melt the mountainside and us with it." Su says.

"Wait, I've got it. I'll disguise myself as a lost hiker, and once I'm in the temple, I'll distract the Red Lotus with my bird calls." Bolin says, creating calls and whistling. "That's when you all strike."

"Bird calls, really?" Mako asks his brother.

"Well I haven't noticed you offering any suggestions." Bolin replies.

"It doesn't matter. None of these ideas will work. The second Zaheer realizes we're up to something, he'll wipe out the airbenders." Korra tells the group, holding Kamira's hand.

"And Opal is one of those airbenders. Believe me, I understand what's at stake." Su tells the girl.

"Then I'll think you agree that the only plan that will work is for us to give ourselves up." Lila says.

"What?" Mako asks.

"Girls, no." Lin says.

"We'll figure out another way." Tonraq tells the girls.

"We talked it over with my grandfather, and we've given it a lot of thought. We have to do this." Kamira says.

"You can't expect us to sit by and let Zaheer take you." Asami says.

"The world has been out of balance for far too long: it needs the Air Nation back again. We can't let Zaheer destroy it and everyone we love. Help us save the airbenders, then you can worry about saving us." Korra says.

"We're with you girls." Tonraq says after exchanging glances with Su.

"Yes, whatever you need, they're here." Su says.

"We'll go radio Zaheer." Korra says, as the girls walk out of the room and into the Northern Air Temple radio room. "Zaheer, are you there? It's us."

"I've been waiting for your call. So, do we have a deal?" Zaheer asks.

"Yes. You release the airbenders and then we'll turn ourselves over." Kamira says.

"And take away the only leverage I have? No. I can't do that. Listen carefully, here's what I need you three to do."

After speaking to Zaheer, the girls take a moment before re-entering the room.

"Did you speak to Zaheer?" Tonraq asks.

"Yes. He told us to come to the top of Laghima's peak at noon, just the three of us. Once he has us, he'll release the airbenders over to you at the temple." Lila answers, the girls disappointed.

"I think I figured a way to play this so that the airbenders and Korra all come out in one piece." Su tells them.

"How?" Lin asks.