Chapter Three - Civil Wars Part 1

"Uncle, why did you bring your troops down from the North?" Korra turn to Unalaq.

"Now that you've opened the Southern portal, we need to protect it from the people who would do the spirits harm." Unalaq replies.

"I can protect it." Korra quips back, confidently.

"I need you for something more important. There is another portal, in the North. Once you open it, spirits and man will be able to move freely between the North and the South in a matter of seconds." Unalaq informs.

"But the solstice is over. How am I going to open it?"

"The spiritual energy is much stronger in the North. And now that you've opened the Southern portal, your energy is stronger as well."

"With both portals open, our tribes will be united again." Korra smiles.

"The world will be united again."

At the Southern Air Temple, Tenzin and Pema are relaxing and Kya is sitting on a rock, with Kamira's aunt Jasmine, who is Izumi's sister. "Ahh, I haven't felt this at peace since-" Bumi jumps in, interrupting Tenzin. "Aaand it's over."

"Goooood morning, Universe."

"Bumi, please, cover yourself." Kya says, covering her and Jasmine's eyes.

"Well, lookee here, 'Vacation Tenzin' has finally decided to join us." Bumi says, to Tenzin.

"Yes, he has. It's so nice to get to spend more time with my family. Isn't that right, my little Rohan? And I've really enjoyed having you three around. Reminds me of all those great vacations we took as kids."

"Uhh, I think your memory's a little foggy. Bumi and I weren't on those great vacations. It was always just you and Dad." Kya frowns, while Jasmine holds her hand.

"No, that can't be right. What about the time he took us to Kyoshi Island to ride the elephant koi?"

"Nope we weren't there."

"Hmm. Oh, remember Ember Island? Those amazing sand palaces we built on the beach."

"You mean, you built? We never saw the place. The only one that did as a child was Jasmine, who Zuko took with Izumi." Bumi interjects.

"I could've sworn." Jinora and Meelo arrive to where the adults are, on air scooters. They jump off and land on the ground.

"Morning, kids!"

"Morning, Uncle Bumi! Do you have a baby in there?" Meelo points to Bumi's stomach, as Tenzin, Pema, Kya, and Jasmine laugh.

"Where's your sister?" Pema asks.

"Who?" Jinora asks, with a question.

"Ikki. About this tall. Talks real fast. I'm sure you know her."

"Uhh..."

"There was a lemur fight, but the bison told us not to worry because a giant was coming. Then we almost got eaten by a shark-squid!" Meelo smiles widely.

Bumi looks terrified, "The shark-squid? He's here? It appears my old nemesis has found me."

"Jinora, were you and Meelo teasing your sister again?" Pema questions her daughter.

"I don't know. Maybe. Yes." Jinora hangs her head in shame as Pema explodes.

"Honestly, I don't know why you kids can't just get along!"

"It's all right, dear, Ikki couldn't have gone far. I'll find her." Tenzin calms his wife down.

"Commander Bumi reporting for duty! Search-and-rescue missions are my specialty." Bumi salutes.