Chapter Two - Korra Alone

In a bathroom, Korra looks at herself in a shattered mirror, scratched and bruised. After a moment she drops her gaze, unable to look at herself. Metalbending the faucet open, the stream coming out, she pulls a glowing stream of water out of the sink and holds it to her bruised elbow to heal her wounds. Suddenly, there is a flurry of knocks at the door, making Korra jump and look over her shoulder.

"Hurry up in there!" A man shouts. "Come on, I got an emergency situation!"

"Knock yourself out." Korra says, opening the door and walking away as the man enters and slams the door shut. Korra walks a little away before stopping, noticing a revving sound. Looking up, she sees a car bearing down on her just in time and jumps across the street, somersaulting and running to the other side as the car spins to a stop behind her. Suddenly fatigued, she staggers, holding her hand to her head, stumbling against the wall of an alley, bracing herself against it. She slowly takes her hand away from her head and stares into the alley. "Huh? Kamira? Lila?" Looking closer, Korra sees herself only this Korra is dressed in Water tribe clothes, a broken chain wrapped around her wrist, her eyes glowing. Her shoulders hunched, her head raised and her arms hanging by her side. Still bracing herself against the wall, Korra looks at the image in shock before switching to determination. "You again."

The other Korra stares at the real Korra before whipping the chain at Korra's direction. Korra firebends but the chain sneaks past her and wraps itself around her leg, pulling it out from under her. Korra is thrown on her back but manages to protect herself from the incoming chain, which wraps around her wrist. "Leave me alone!" Korra says, pulling her arm back at firebending. As the fireblast dissipates, she looks around and sees four townsfolk and Kamira and Lila at the end of the alleyway, watching Korra.

"Korra?" Kamira questions in confusion.

"What's wrong with her?" A man asks.

"Young lady, are you all right?" A woman asks as Korra turns to them, and gets to her feet. "Can I take you to a doctor?"

"No, I-I don't need any help." Korra says as she pulls her bag over her shoulder, walking away from the townspeople, grabbing Kamira's wrist, Lila following. The townsfolk watch the trio leave with sceptical eyes.

At Air Temple Island, on the docks, sits a large cargo ship and the royal family fire nation ship. Asami, Mako, and Bolin walk up to Tenzin, Jinora, Korra, Kamira, and Lila, the latter three sitting in wheelchairs.

"Now don't take this the wrong way, but, I can't wait for you three to leave!" Bolin says, talking to the girls as Asami walks over to Lila's side.

"How else are they supposed to take that but the wrong way?" Mako asks as he crosses his arms, looking annoyed at Bolin.

"I mean, because I've never had a pen pal before!" Bolin says to Mako, before turning to the girls, with Pema, Kya and Jasmine in the background. "I'm gonna write so many letters and, just to get the ball rolling, here." Bolin takes three letters from his pocket and hands it to the girls. "Spoiler alert: Pabu and I already miss you." The girls take the letters, as Pabu chirps.

"Thanks." Korra smiles.

"That's sweet." Kamira smiles too.

"Are you sure you don't want some company in the fire nation? I'm happy to come with you." Asami asks, leaning over and putting her hands on Lila's shoulders.

"No... I appreciate it, but we'll only be gone a couple of weeks." Lila says turning away from Asami, as she takes her hands off Lila's shoulders. "A little time will be good for us."

"Now, I don't want you to worry about a thing while yous are gone. Your recovery should be your number one concern." Tenzin lays a hand on Korra and Kamira's shoulders, looking at all three girls. "Jinora, the airbenders, and I have everything under control."