Chapter Twelve - Endgame

Bolin, Asami, and Iroh ride on Naga in a snowy region, they watch as biplanes fly above. "So, what was Kamira like as a child?" Bolin asks.

"Well she was a bit of a troublemaker. She reminded my Grandfather of his sister when she was young, and my Mother is fiercely protective of her. If anything happened to her I would hate to find out what my Mother would do." They then see the base. "I think we've found our secret airfield. Bolin, once we get down there, I need you to tear up those runways. We can't let those aircrafts take off."

"Aye aye, captain! Ooh, general, general." He starts walking away with Iroh and Asami. "All right, you guys wait here until we get back, okay? Uh-uh, stay." Iroh, Bolin, and Asami approach the equalist base. 

"Why would there be fence posts but no fence?" They go into the middle of the fence but subsequently cry out in pain as they are electrocuted, and they collapse onto the ground unconscious. At the entrance of the Pro-bending arena, guarded by equalist airships and mecha tanks is a rally. In the rally, Korra, Kamira, Mako, and Lila wear the equalist disguises and stand guard on a balcony with their hands behind their backs. They all nod at each other. Amon rises from beneath the platform.

"Thank you all for joining me on this historic occasion! When I was a boy, a firebender struck down my entire family and left me scarred. That tragic event began my quest to equalize the world."

"That's a lie, Amon!" They remove their equalist masks. "Or should I call you Noatak?"

"You want them taken out?"

"No. Everyone calm down, we have nothing to fear from the Avatar. Let's hear what she has to say."

"Amon has been lying to you. The spirits didn't give him the power to take people's bending away. He uses bloodbending to do it. Amon is a waterbender!" The crowd gasps, as the Lieutenant turns to Amon.

"What is this nonsense?"

"You're desperate, Avatar. Making up stories about me is a pathetic last resort."

"Your family wasn't killed by a firebender. His father was Yakone and his brother... is Councilman Tarrlok." The Lieutenant has a doubting look at first before inquiringly looking at Amon.

"Hmph, an amusing tale, but I will show you the truth." He removes his hood, unties his mask and takes it off. The crowd gasps, as Amon points at his 'scar'. "This is what a firebender did to me."

"What?" They all look taken aback in surprise. 

"The Avatar is lying!"

"I'm telling you! He's a waterbender. They don't believe me. It didn't work!"

Kamira backs toward Korra. "We said what we had to. Let's get out of here."

They turn around as equalists spin bolas at them from above the balcony ready to attack. They take fighting stances as they approach the equalists. "I wouldn't leave yet, Avatar, Princess. You'll miss the main event." They all turn around after hearing that. A part of the stage rises with the airbenders, Tenzin, Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo tied to each pole and gagged.

"No... they got away. We saw them get away!" Back at the aircraft base where Asami, Iroh, and Bolin are tied up.

"Asami. Asami, I know I have hurt you... and I am sorry. But I believe that one day, you will come to your senses and we can be a family again." Hiroshi says.

"Are you insane?! How can we be a family after everything you've done?! Mom would hate you for what you've become."

"How dare you? I am avenging her death!"

"The airplanes are ready for take-off, sir."

"Good, annihilate the fleet." Iroh and Bolin gasp and share a look of confusion and shock. "That's right general. I intercepted your message to Commander Bumi. I know exactly where they're hiding."