Chapter Six - Old Wounds

As the sun beams into Korra and Kamira's room, Kamira shifts in her sleep, she reaches for Korra but finds the spot empty. Kamira opens her eyes and looks at Korra's side of the bed, wondering where she was. She turns to face the door as it opens, the Avatar peaking her head in the doorway, she bounds over to Kamira when she sees her eyes open, leaning down and kissing her cheek. "Good morning." Korra says.

"What time is it?" Kamira asks, sitting up.

"Early. When I got up you looked peaceful so I couldn't wake you." Korra explains as Kamira kisses her cheek. "Guess what?" Korra asks, excitedly.

"What?"

"Guess." Korra says back, causing Kamira to give her a deadpan look. "Fine. Sue offered to teach me metal bending."

"That's great Korra, you should've learned metal bending years ago." Kamira smiles, Korra nodding in agreement. "Are they still serving breakfast?"

"They are but the dining room is being cleaned because Varrick wrecked it." Korra replies, Kamira giggling. Kamira gets up and changes into clothes, giggling as she sees Korra still facing her, her face beet red. Once Kamira was changed, Korra takes her hand and leads her out the room.

"How did Varrick wreck the dining room?" Kamira asks as Korra closes the door, Korra laughs and starts recalling the events that happened this morning.

After breakfast, Korra, Kamira, and Su walk through the ground, stopping near a meteorite on a low pedestal, "These meteorites are perfect for beginning metalbenders. The metals have a unique property, making them easier to bend." Su explains, breaking off a piece of the meteorite, slowly bending it to her hand, she bends it into a star shape, followed by a diamond.

"That's amazing!" Korra exclaims, Su giving Korra the meteorite.

"Here try it!"

"Okay." Korra concentrates for a while, but nothing happens. The trio turn around when they hear a noise, the see Bolin watching them, hiding behind a rock.

"Bolin? Is that you?" Kamira asks.

"No!" Bolin says back.

"What are you doing?" Korra asks as Bolin steps out from behind the rock.

"Oh, hey ladies. Just uh... I was just looking for Pabu. Pabu!"

"He's on your shoulder." Kamira points out.

"Oh, look there you are!" Bolin says, as his eyes shift to his shoulder and sees Pabu. "You know, I thought something was chewing on my ear. Probably need to get a shot. Pabu has sort of a... a venom. Anyways, so what are you guys doing? You metalbending over here or something?" Bolin asks.

"Want to give it a shot?" Su asks.

"Nah, it's okay. I mean, only like one earthbender in a hundred can metalbend."

"Well don't believe everything you hear. The only thing limiting you is your attitude." Su tells the boy.

"Well, maybe I'll just... I'll just stay and watch." Bolin says, making a rock stump for himself, sitting down. Korra turns back to the meteorite.

"Try to focus on the fine pieces of earth within the metal." Su tells her, Kamira watching proudly, as Korra successfully changes the shape of the meteorite.

"I can't believe it! I'm metalbending!" Korra says.

"Wow, you picked that up really, really quick. Guess you're that one in a hundred." Bolin says, downcast.

"Great job, Korra." Su says, placing her hand on Korra's shoulder.

"I'm so proud of you!" Kamira says, hugging Korra tightly, giving her a peck on the lips.