Chapter Six - The Battle Of Zaofu

Night has fallen over Kuvira's camp outside Zaofu. A light breeze ruffles the flag over Kuvira's quarters, the small building surrounded by Mecha tanks. A lone guard patrols a path in the darkness. As he sweeps his flashlight beam left and right, a piece of metal suddenly flies from the bush on his left and covers his mouth. He staggers, unable to yell, the flashlight tumbles away from him. A metal whip cracks out at him, fastening around his ankles and dragging him into the bush. Three figures, dressed in black, rise into the tree, cables in their hands. Su, Wei, and Wing rest on the same branch, staring down at the encampment. Wing turns to speak to his mother.

"Are you sure this will work? Even without Kuvira, they could still crush us." Wing asks in a hushed tone.

"Most of this army has been forced into service by Kuvira. If we take her out, they'll have no reason to fight. Tonight we end her reign of terror." Su answers, raising her black hood over her head, covering her mouth.

In the camp, a mecha tank marches past another tank, Su and the twins hidden underneath it. They quickly scramble out of their hiding place and take off through the maze of tanks. As a beam of light from a watchtower sweeps past, they take cover behind another tank. When the beam passes, they advance, coming to a stop behind a stack of boxes. As another mecha tank passes, Su peers through the crack between the boxes at the hut. Stepping back, she stomps on the ground, using seismic waves to see past the obstacles in front of them. The waves radiate outward, travelling past the mecha tanks and throughout the hut, where Kuvira is sleeping.

"She's alone in there. Now's our chance!" Su whispers to the twins. The three simultaneously bend the earth beneath them, twisting on the spot and disappearing into the holes below them. In the hut, three holes open in the metal floor and the cloaked figures rise out of them. Bending cables from her hands, Su, in the middle, wraps the sleeping figure tightly with them, before rolling her over to look at her face. The terrified face, however, doesn't reveal Kuvira.

"Don't hurt me!" Zhu Li exclaims.

"Zhu Li?" Su asks, taking off her mask in surprise.

Suddenly, a siren blares outside; the central support pole withdrawing into the ground as the metal sides of the tent fall away and spotlights shine down on the three figures as soldiers and mecha tanks surround them. Kuvira steps from between two mecha tanks.

"I knew you'd try a sneak attack. You were afraid to step up and lead the Earth Kingdom when you had a chance. You were afraid to join me when I became the leader, and now, you're afraid of a fair fight." Kuvira says as Su raises her fists. "You've always been a coward. Take them!" The two mecha tanks between Kuvira shoot lightning at the intruders as Kuvira walks away.

In the square of the Zaofu dome, Jinora, Opal, Korra, Kamira and Lila are talking to each other.

"Korra, Kamira, you have to go stop Su before she does something terrible." Jinora says to the girls.

"Stop her, we should be helping her." Opal says.

"We have no idea where your mom is, or what her plan is. If we go charging into Kuvira's camp, we could get them all captured, or worse. All we can do now is wait." Korra tells the girls.

"I can't interfere with this, cause it could backfire on my nation." Kuvira informs them, holding Korra's hand, as Opal looks down in dismay, before the girl's look around at the sound of Zaofu's speakers go off.

"Attention citizens of Zaofu. Your leader, Su Beifong, attempted to attack me tonight while I slept, ignoring the terms of our truce. Luckily, I now have her and her assault team in custody." Kuvira's voice  comes out of the speaker.

"No." Opal says.

"Rest assured that I will not take revenge on the peaceful citizens of Zaofu, unless your remaining representatives meet me outside the city at dawn to offer the full and unconditional surrender of your city. That is all." Kuvira continues. As her voice fades, Opal turns towards the girls, furiously.