Chapter Four - In Harm's Way

Mako, Bolin and Kamira are waiting in the brother's family home, for Tu to arrive.

"I've got them. These passports should get you into the upper ring." Tu says, opening the door.

"Awesome! Tu, you're the best cousin that I can have." Bolin exclaims, causing the rest of his family to look at him with saddened looks on their faces. "And my other cousins as well. Yeah. Yeah, you're all the best."

"Thanks. I know this wasn't easy." Mako says, taking the passports.

"It's such a shame you three must leave so soon." Yin says.

"It would be amazing to stay. But if it's true the Earth Queen is forcing airbenders into her army, we have to do something about it." Kamira says, grateful for all they have done.

"I love you both." Yin hugs Mako and Bolin. "Come visit again."

"We will Grandma." Mako says.

"I love you too, Grandma. And Chow, and Tu, and Meng-Meng..." Bolin starts naming everyone before Kamira drags him away, waving at the family.

"Let's go Bolin." 

When the three of them get back into the Upper ring, they are tired, but were determined to get back to their group, Kamira ended up running ahead of the boys, quickly spotting Korra standing with Asami and Lila. "Korra!" Kamira shouted as she got closer, Korra quickly turning around at the sound of her favourite voice. As Kamira runs to Korra, she jumps and wraps her arms and legs around Korra, who swiftly catches her girlfriend.

"You're okay! I was so worried!" Korra says, nuzzling her head into Kamira's neck before putting her down.

"Where's Mako and Bolin?" Lila asks.

"They aren't far behind me... I ran ahead of them."

"Are you hurt?" Korra asks, running her eyes up and down Kamira's body looking for injuries.

"I just have a sore neck." Kamira replied, as Korra smiled.

"I think some healing water will fix that." Korra says softly. She then brings Kamira closer and places a kiss on her lips.

"Get a room guys." Asami says, teasingly, causing Lila to chuckle.

"We will." Korra says back. They all look behind them when they hear panting, to find Mako and Bolin have finally caught up.

"Where have you guys been?" Lila asks the boys, who are still catching their breaths.

"We chased Kai. Train. Slipped away. Lower ring. Slept in trash pile. Met our family. Grandma tears. Mako scarf. Earth Queen. Lying." Bolin staggers before he slumps to the floor as Korra, Asami and Lila look towards Mako for an explanation.

"Can you interpret that?" Asami asks.

"The earth queen's been secretly taking away airbenders and forcing them into her army." Mako explains, causing Korra to get upset.

"She was lying. I knew it! I swear, the next time I see her-" Korra rants before Asami interrupts her.

"It's the queen." Asami whispers, causing Korra to soften and look at the queen.

"Good. You're here. Gun, tell them the news." The queen says, before quickly glancing at Kamira, with a slight look of disgust.

"We've received word from the Yang Province. There have been reports of airbenders there." Gun tells them.

"Wonderful, isn't it? It's the very thing you've been looking for." The queen says.

"Thank you! That is just the most wonderful news. Ever. Yay." Korra says, sarcastically, causing Kamira to pinch her side to shut her up.