Chapter Three - The Coronation

At City hall, Wu waves his arms as he acts out a vision for Mako. "So then the crowds are gathered, all excited to see my coronation, when all of a sudden, these boulders come rolling through. And guess what pops out of 'em? Earthbender dames! These gals start banging the boulders like drums, and sing the song of my royal lineage. It's the most dynamite six-hour show you'll ever see in your life." Wu places his hands on his hips.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready to, I don't know... rule a whole nation?" Mako asks, shrugging his shoulders.

"Now, now, now, don't get yourself in a tizzy." Wu waves his hand about before placing his finger on Mako's chest. "I'll have ministers for all that!" Wu places his arm around Mako. "No, sir, Mako, when we get to Ba Sing Se, it'll just be two kooky pals, living the life!" Wu pats Mako's chest.

"Yay." Mako says sarcastically as Raiko walks up to the two boys.

"Getting excited for your big day?" Raiko asks the prince.

"Does a platypus-bear poop in- Hey!" Wu turns angrily as he sees Metalbenders putting up spectator stands, He races to berate them. "You can't put bleachers there! There won't be enough room for the Badgermoles! Look, it's going to go like this." Wu proceeds to dance as Raiko and Mako look on.

"You sure that's the guy you want running the Earth Kingdom?" Mako asks as Tenzin, who is also looking at Wu, walks up to them.

"Trust me. We'll be sending a delegation of experienced advisers to handle day-to-day governing." Raiko assures Mako.

"I see the prince is becoming accustomed to the burdens of leadership." Tenzin says.

"You know royals. They love a ceremony. Speaking of royals, have you received any word on the Princess, the Avatar and the royal guard's location?" Raiko asks.

"Not yet, but I have airbenders all over the world on the lookout for them." Tenzin's face grows worried. "I hope they find them soon. I'm concerned about reports I've heard regarding Kuvira's growing military. They say she's throwing some of her dissenters into prison camps."

"Well, she'll be stepping down tomorrow. We can worry about correcting any of her mistakes after that." Raiko says.

"And you're not worried about her handing power over to Prince Wu?" Mako asks.

"When Kuvira started cleaning up the Earth Kingdom, she knew her position wasn't permanent. She gave me her word that she'd step down." Raiko answers.

"Still, I'd feel a lot better if the girls were here." Tenzin says.

In the Swamp, the girl and Toph are standing in Toph's tree.

"You've got to help us get back into fighting shape." Korra says, as the girls sip some tea. "I'm getting my butt kicked by losers all over the Earth Kingdom. The world needs me."

"Get over yourself! The world doesn't need you one bit." Toph bites, causing Kamira and Lila to exchange looks.

"But, while I've been the Avatar, I've stopped some really bad people from doing some really bad things." Korra says.

"Listen, when I was Chief of Police in Republic City, I worked my butt of busting criminals. But did that make crime disappear? Nope. If there's one thing I learned on the beat, it's that the names change, but the street stays the same." Toph says as Kamira and Lila nod in agreement. She has a point.

"So, basically, you're saying that everything I've ever accomplished has been pointless." Korra says after giving the girls next to her a playful glare. "And I thought Beifong was grumpy." Korra said to the girls, who nod.