Chapter 25

Red Hood: The Lost Days
Chapter 25 - Rebirth of Y/N Todd

"I met evil when I only was a child" - Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------

Third POV

May 2011

Settlements and villages surrounding Nanda Parbat

India, one of the largest countries in the world and the second most populous country.

Once part of the British Empire, after gaining independence in 1947, it could have become one of the strongest countries in the world, but due to many problems during the Cold War and population growth, this ancient country today is not only facing economic and population problems, but also its corrupted by secret organizations.

But one of those organizations is not like that, at the time being. The League of Assassins is just as the name suggests, the League of Assassins, which is as old as the ancinet civilization of India itself.

The leader of this organization is called the so-called "head of a demon" because their leader has lived for nine centuries.

Its longevity was made possible by the Lazarus Pit, which has magical properties to cure the old age of any mortal.

Not everyone may agree with his plans for a better world, but even that has good consequences for the settlements and villages in the lower heights of the Himalayas where Nanda Parbat is located.

All these settlements and villages do not suffer as much as other places in India, but the economy and culture remains the same.

People walk through the streets of this small settlement which is fortunately located by the river, so the arrival of fresh water is not a problem for them. Buses transports people from one part to another, people work at stalls while others go to pray in Buddhist and Hindu temples.

But those people are not as important as one woman in that crowd. She is a 5'8" tall, slender beautiful woman who looked quite young.

She had short raven-colored hair and light brown eyes. She also had a noticeable large bust and a pale complexion.

She wore a red uniform that covered most of her upper body and had a window in the middle.

She would often take small walks in the streets to clear her mind. She is one of the higher ranking members of the League of Assassins. Those who knew her would be willing to show their respect towards her.

These small walks were common thing for her. She has never collided with someone while walking or someone tried to challenge her to a duel because she would easily win.

That is, until now.

A woman of Asian descent feels someone collide with her, which throws her off balance a bit. She looked at who had rammed it into her, but found only how people passing by.

She looked through the crowd and saw a boy who was different.

How different are you wondering?

Well, the boy had pure white skin texture, and he held a wallet in his hand.

The woman's eyes widened. She went to look in her little purse and felt that her wallet was missing.

It happened for the first time that someone has robbed her. She cursed in Arabic under her breath.

She looked back at the boy and began to follow him as she made her way through the crowd.

She sees the boy turn into a small ally. When she gets to that ally, she peeks around the corner.