Chapter 29

Red Hood: The Lost Days

Chapter 29 - Birth of The Red Hood

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore, what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Italic = Flashback batman dialogue

Third POV

8 months later, October 2013

3 weeks after the downfall of the League

Schiffling can be heard as another page was flipped across the one before it, followed by a soft little pop, as the bending paper flicks to the level as all other pages and then a very soft thud as the page rests on other pages.

Y/N was laying on the bed as he read Pride and Prejudice. Both him and Shiva had run away after the assassin known as Deathstroke had attacked the League headquarters.

The head of the demon was dead and his daughter was in hiding. Her last two known locations were Gotham City and the oil platform north of Scotland.

Slade Wilson, real alliance of Deathstroke, had given Shiva an ultimatum; join him or die.

What was left at their camp was bodies of dead assassins who were sent after them.

He hears the triple knock on the door. After the attack, Shiva and Y/N made the call out signs so they know it's them and not another of Deathstroke's assassins.

Y/N: "Come in."

He calls out as he closes the book on the nightstand. He turns to Shiva who enters his room carrying what seems to be a file folder. He looks at her, reads her body posture.

She tries to hide it, but she's nervous, even though she has a blank face as she looks at him.

Gone are the days where she could hide anything from him. And she knows that.

Shiva: "Y/N...I...well, I have to show you something."

She passes the folder to him. Y/N curiously grabs it and opens it while Shiva sits on the bed.

Shiva: "I still have a few operatives doing some low level surveillance in the wild. Just to make sure we aren't followed."

They were currently hiding in a safe house in London. One of many safe houses that Ras has seated up for his minions while on missions.

Shiva: "One of them took these photos 72 hours ago. In Gotham City..."

She says as Y/N takes a few pictures out.

What do all of them have in common?

A little boy in a red and black suit with yellow outlines on the cape and a hood making it look like an assassin uniform.

One thing which stands out on that suit is a letter R.

Robin.

Y/N is...silent. He observes the kid. The kid reminds him of... He moves his eyes towards Shiva.

Y/N: "Who...who is he?"

Shiva: "His name is Damian... Damian al Ghul Wayne. Robin."

Y/N glances back at the pictures. He drops them on the bed as he lowers his head. Shiva stares at him worried. Guilty.