Chapter 18: On The Road Again

Rick's POV

"C'mon people lets move!" I shout to everyone. I pace around waiting for everyone to get outside. We were still waiting on Beth, Carl, and Noah.

Carl's POV

I stare at Beth as she gets her journal and weapons. I've had a crush on her since I woke up in her house.. I know she has Noah, and she's a little old for me but.. I ain't givin up that fast.

Noah noticed me staring and he glares at me, as if warning me not to so much as look at her. I roll my eyes and look out the window. I see my dad talking to Abraham and Daryl. Why does he trust them more than he trusts me?? I know he finds me worthless to the group. Its easy to see that. He doesn't even talk to me anymore.. I sigh and look back at Noah and Beth. He kisses her cheek and walks outside. She was about to follow him but I stopped her.

"Beth, can I talk to you..?" I ask, blushing. Beth looks at me and nods.

"Yeah sure Carl. Whats up?" She asks an that innocent voice of hers.

"I-I uh... L-like you.. I know you have Noah and all but.. Say it doesn't last.. I-"

Beth interrupts me "Stop. Nothing will happen. Im sorry Carl.. You're too young.." She sighs.

I nod and run out of the house.

"Carl!" She calls after me. But I run to my dad, ignoring her.

He looks at me "Everything alright?" He asks. I nod and stare at the ground.

Beth's POV

I sigh and look down. Dammit Carl.. I grab my gun and stick it in the holster and go outside to meet the rest of the group.

Rick sighs "Alright, lets get goin." He says and we all start walking. Noah takes my hand and we walk down the long road. I stare at the gravel street ahead of us. Here we are, on the road again...