First day: Part 1

Finally writing about her going to school. This chapter and the next chapter will only be in Rosa's Pov. Tried to make this chapter long. There might be some mistakes.

Chapter 4: First day: Part 1.

Rosa

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I smacked my alarm clock making the alarm shut off. It's 6:00 in the morning, I only have an hour and a half to get ready so I grabbed my stuff and got in the shower. I needed to wash my hair today and it was gonna take a while. I was nervous about starting over in a new school with new people. What if they don't like me? I know at least 2 people will. Which was Kae and Chris.

After I got out the shower which took me 45 minutes! I went to the kitchen and my mama was cooking some waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage and french toast. After she was done cooking, I grabbed some food and ate.

It was now time to go so I grabbed my book bag and phone and left. On my walk there I had butterflies in my stomach. My nerves were tingling all over my body making me get goosebumps. I didn't live far from the school, I only lived 7 minutes away.

I made it to the door of the school and I seen tables lined up by metal detectors and adults wearing blue shirts that read "Albany High School" on them. I seen the police talking with one of them.

"Let's go, let's go, let's go!" One of the men yelled. So I went in line and noticed the kids placing their bags on the tables for the men to check. Is this fucking airport security? I thought. One of the boys infront of me turned around and looked me up and down.

"Oh look, fresh meat. You a freshman?" A boy asked me getting in my face.

"N-no." I stuttered.

"Sure you ain't.. Let me see ya i.d" His friend or whatever said.

"I.d?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

"Yeah you're going to need one to check-in everyday." A girl said.

"Where do I get one?"

"Your house office, which academy are you in? It should be on top of you schedule" She went on. I pulled out my schedule and it said Citizenship on top.

"Citizenship." I said raising both of my eyebrows and looking at her.

"Ok i'll take you there when we get checked, What's your name? and turn around stop looking at her Kahlil." The girl nudged the boy in the head. I laughed a little.

"Ro.." I was cut off by Kahlil.

"Shut up crispy face. I'll do what ever the fuck I want and it's not funny." He said jumping at me. What the hell? Then he walked away. By now we were at the metal detectors and I gave my bag to the guy and I went through them. They gave me my bag back and I was about to walk around the tables and one of the lady hall monitors stopped me.

"Baby girl, do you have your i.d?" One of female hall monitors asked.

"Uh no, I'm new."

"Alright, well you'll have to get an I.d from your academy office. Which academy are you in?" Damn I gotta answer this again.

"Tera, I'll take her up there to get her stuff." The girl said, I still have yet to tell her my name and she hasn't told me hers either.

"Alright"

She linked arms with me and we traveled to the back of the school and climbed the stairs to the third floor! Boy when I tell you I was out of breath I was damn near huffing. While we were walking she decided to make conversation.