The Edge

-1 week later-

Rosa's Pov:

I don't know how long I've been here, all I see is this one room, the same bed, the same pictures, the same toilet and the same chair. I only see Terrance when he brings me food, he doesn't talk to me no matter how hard I try to talk to him. Every time I look at him I see guilt in his eyes. I don't know why he still keeps me here.

I haven't bathed in so long either and I've been in the same clothes since I got here. Why won't he just let me go? I have nothing here to do, I'm constantly bored. I can't cry anymore, every time I try to the tears just won't come out. All I can do is think and try to keep it together. I've been thinking of a plan to try an escape.

I was thinking, he always leaves the door open when he brings the food over to the bed. Maybe I can attack him and run. Run where though? I don't even know if I'm still in New York anymore. I hoped and prayed someone would come looking for me but after a while no one came, so I stopped. I don't think anyone is coming for me anymore. They probably forgot about me and moved on with their lives.

I heard a bang on the door and they he came into view with a plate of food, now is my chance. But what if I don't succeed? He'll probably end up beating me or worse killing me. When he leaves the room I'll bring the chair closer to the bed so I can hit him over the head with it. For now, I'll wait to attack.

"Rosa" was all I heard. I looked up and he was actually handing me the food, usually he just sets it on the bed next to me. I grabbed it out of his hand and threw it on the bed next to me but it fell on the floor. Before I knew it his hand flew across my face stinging the left side of my cheek. I grabbed it and looked at him with tears in my eyes.

I blinked them away quickly, I didn't want him to see me cry. If I did, it would show that he still had power over me. "You're so ungrateful, you little bitch!" He yelled.

"Fuck you! Let me go!" I yelled back. I knew I shouldn't have because as soon as I said that he punched me a few times in the face, making my lip and nose bleed uncontrollably. After that he darted out the room slamming the door loudly.

As soon as he left I busted out crying hardly. I put my face in the pillow and cried and cried. My eyes started getting heavy and I fell into a deep sleep.

Chris's Pov:

I haven't been able to eat or sleep this past week, all I could think about was Rosa. I haven't been to school, I haven't hung out with anyone. I was so depressed, I stayed in bed the whole week. My mom finally came home the other day and asked me what's wrong but I didn't tell her anything. I haven't even spoken to anyone.

I wanted Rosa back, I can just imagine how her mom feels. Maybe I should finally get out of bed and go see her today. But I know I'll break down as soon as I get infront of her house. I never cried over a female so much in my life, actually I never cried over a female at all. Rosa was the only one I cried over, I miss her so much.

I missed how everytime I seen her in school her curls would bounce when she walks, or that smile that can brighten up anybodies day. I miss the way her beautiful soft pink plump lips feel against mine, I miss how her curvy body fits in between my arms, I miss her bubbly personality, I just miss her whole presence. 

"Chris, you have been so depressed lately, tell me what's wrong" I heard my mom say. I didn't notice her come in my room and sit on my bed. "Ma, I don't wanna talk about it" I groaned and turned over so I didn't face her.

"Well if you don't wanna talk about it can you at least go back to school? They were blowing my phone up left and right telling me you haven't been in school all week" She complained. "No" was all I said and I threw the covers over my head.