Home bound

Excuse the mistakes/errors. Enjoy!

*Several hours later*

Rosa's Pov:

I woke up and I heard yelling. I tried running to the other side of the room but my legs were in so much pain, I could move them but it hurts. I just crawled to the head of the bed and hid my face. The voices were getting closer and closer. But there was something different about this voice, it was much deeper and louder. In fact there were many voices, then there was a thud at the door. It came crashing down and police officers came swarming in with their guns.

"Miss, are you Rosa? I'm officer Red" A lady officer came over and asked me. I nodded and she helped me up and seen the bruises on my face. "Did he do this to you honey?" She looked sad. I nodded again and she led me out the room. When we got outside it was dark outside, but the sun was rising indicating that it would be morning soon.

"Did we find him?" A man asked his team, people said no but came and handed him a note. "What's this?" He unfolded it and read it. I don't know what it said because he wouldn't let me read it. He threw fists in the air and looked mad. "What happened?" I asked.

"Don't worry sweetie it's all over" He just told me, no I wanted to know where Terrance was and what that note said.

"What does the note say?" I asked, I took a step closer and he still wouldn't let me see it. "I'm sorry but I don't think.." He started but I cut him off. "What does it say?!" I yelled. He handed me the note and I unfolded it.

Dear Rosa,

I know by the time you read this you will be saved. I can't live like this anymore, I called the police and told them where you were. I want you to know I will always love you as my daughter but I can't do this anymore. Don't worry about me I am already dead, I will have committed suicide by the time the police find you. I am so sorry for all the pain I have given you, I'm sorry for everything, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Love, Your father Terrance

After I read it I felt tears burning in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I instantly broke down crying, I fell into the officers arms. Why am I crying for him? I know he doesn't deserve my forgiveness but I can't help but to forgive him.

The police took my statement and took me home. Something I have been missing for a while. When we got there officer Red banged on the door loudly. After a few moments my mom yelled "Who is it? Don't you know it's four o'clock in the morning"

"Ma'm it's NYPD and we have some news for you"

The locks turned and she opened the door, when her eyes fell upon me I ran into her arms and cried. She cried for me too, "Rosa, oh my goodness. Thank you so much for bringing my baby home" She hugged officer Red. "You're very welcome, have a wonderful night. Keep your head up Rosa" She waved and drove off in her car.

My mom brought me inside and we were still crying in each others arms, "Mom, I missed you so much. I love you so so so much" I cried. "I missed you too, I love you way more than I tell you" She let me go and grabbed my face. "Are you ok? Did he do this to you?" She examined my face and brought me to the kitchen and put some ice on my bruises.

"I'm fine now that I'm home, and he did do this. But mom read this" I handed her the note. She read it and when she was finished reading it she put her hand over her mouth for a brief second. "He can never hurt you ever again"

--

I don't really remember falling asleep this morning but when I woke up I smelled food. I was about to get up when my mom came inside and gave me breakfast in bed. I was sitting up and she set the food on my nightstand and helped me sit up. She even fluffed the pillows for me, I can tell she missed me a lot. "Thanks mom" She handed me the food, and it was filled with bacon, eggs, grits, pancakes, waffles, breakfast sausage and there was a cup of orange juice. She really cooked all of this for me, I love food.