Angel

Welcome back!

Let's go into the story

--------------------------

"Sasori. Deidara. You both are to retrieve the Ichibi Jinchuuriki from Suna. We need to push our plans ahead of schedule now." The infamous eyes of the Sage of Six Paths pierced through the darkness of Amegakure's tallest tower. Rain was pelting the enormous tower with reckless abandon as the aforementioned duo nodded before disappearing.

The room was silent afterwards as the God of Ame began to make his way towards the window of the tower that overlooked Ame. The puppet of Yahiko surveyed the village with his Rinnegan as he contemplated how to move forward after procuring the Jinchuuriki's. He stood in silence before Konan made her presence known.

"Is it wise to push ahead of schedule?"

Pein remained quiet for several moments before speaking. "It is necessary."

The woman narrowed her eyes before responding. "I didn't ask if it was necessary, Nagato."

The Tendo puppet shrugged indifferently at the woman's harsh tone. "It matters little. Our plan for peace is finally becoming reality. There is not a single person who can stop us from suceeding."

The woman's face contorted in annoyance before speaking. "And Itachi's death is not enough for you to take matters into your own hands? If you haven't forgotten, we needed him. There are no Uchihas that are alive Nagato." Her harsh tone caused the puppet to finally glance at her. Konan's mask of indifference cracked as a slight glare appeared on her face.

"Madara still lives. He is sufficient enough to complete Itachi's tasks."

The woman exhaled a deep breath of annoyance at his statement. "That man is a far cry from the real Madara and you know this. He fools no one! Is your ego truly blinding you so much that you continue to remain ignorant to what is happening?!"

Pein tilted his head as the woman's unique Kekkai Genkai began to flood the room. The man blinked several times before slowly responding. "You are adamant about this." He narrowed his eyes as he stared into the woman's unique amber pupils. "The Kyuubi Jinchuuriki's words have truly shaken you."

Konan glanced away as the thousands upon thousands of sheets of paper slowly began to coalesce into a singular shape before gently floating towards the woman and wrapping around her body. "You shouldn't take his threat lightly... Uzumaki's do not lie Nagato..."

Nagato was silent for several minutes as he turned his attention back to the village. "You believe you can speak to him don't you?" Konan glanced away as her bloodline began to disappear into her body.

"He has the same eyes as you Nagato." The puppet of Yahiko frowned at the comment and did not speak immediately. Pein slowly blinked before turning towards the woman.

"Are you doubting our ideal world of peace?"

Konan stared at the floor in silence. She knew her answer. She had known her answer for a long time in fact. Konan was well aware of the man that Nagato had become after Yahiko's death. She had tried all she could to alleviate the pain he possessed. But she wasn't enough... She'd never be enough. Her best friend had become a shadow of himself. Succumbing to the poisonous words of the man who claimed himself to be Madara Uchiha.

That man was not Madara. The true Madara Uchiha would not ask others to do his deeds. He'd do them. With or without help. Madara Uchiha was renowned for his strength and power. But he was also known for his pride. And no Uchiha in the Elemental Nations would ever stoop so low as to ask for help in something they could easily do themselves. Tobi was incapable of procuring every single Jinchuuriki by himself. He had to be. Nagato was essentially the strongest man in the Elemental Nations. But his broken mind state was his weakness. He was manipulated by Tobi with this idiotic plan of gathering the Bijuu.