Situation

Welcome back!

Let's go into the story

--------------------------

"Just keep running... Just keep running!"

No matter how much her body hurt, she continued to run.

The distance? Irrelevant.

The destination? It didn't matter.

All she knew was that she had to run. Her mind replaying the sequence of events that had led to this moment...

Oh Kami, how could she be stupid?! She... she blew the entire village up! All those lives! Gone! And for what?!

"N-No... It was for the best... Nagato... H-he changed."

Her ankle snagged on a loose limb of a tree as she went tumbling through the mud. Konan released a grunt of annoyance as she pushed herself off the ground with noticeable effort. Her vision swam and she teetered on the edge unconscious. Her teeth gnashed together before she managed to pull herself up and continue her futile trek.

Because that's exactly what this was... Futile.

Konan knew that Tobi and Zetsu were searching for her. She had been far too hasty in her retreat after nuking Ame. Her amber eyes glanced down at the dirty and crumbled scroll that was held tightly in her left hand.

Nagato's body.

They couldn't have it! She wouldn't let them! She'd have time to mourn her best friend's death later but for now...

Run!

She didn't truly know how long she'd been running. Days? Weeks? Her head hurt at the thought. When was the last time she ate? She must be suffering from Chakra Exhaustion... Her jutsu had damaged her Chakra Coils severely and without a proper Medic Nin, she'd probably never recover. But it mattered little to her. The Rinnegan was far too important to the Akatsuki's plans.

Then destroy them.

Her light blue hair shook violently at the thought. Just thinking about destroying them made her nauseous. To think that so much power was being held in a tiny scrap piece of paper made her anxiety tilt over the edge.

"STOP! Calm down... Breathe Konan... Breath..."

Her rapidly beating heart began to level out as she rested her back against a large tree. She was so tired...

So, so very tired...

"M-maybe just a little rest... It wouldn't hurt..." Her back began to slide down the tree as her eyes began to slowly close. Her head slowly drooped forward as she began to curl in on herself. She sensed them as soon as they appeared in the clearing.

Her amber eyes shot open as 4 masked Shinobi surrounded her. She could sense their Chakra levels and not a single one of them was below Jonin. Konan grits her teeth in anger as she desperately tried to crawl backward only to realize she had been resting against the massive tree. How did she forget that she had leaned against the tree to sleep?!

Her amber eyes roamed over the 4 porcelain masks as she recognized a familiar-looking symbol. A swirl-like design that started from the center of the mask bridging outward in a large spiral.

This design was so familiar to her... She idly noticed that two of the Shinobi were females and possessed long curly crimson hair with one of the women being extremely tall. She towered over her subordinates by at least a foot and a half. This woman must have been the same height as Kisame... Possibly even taller!