Up

Welcome back!

Let's go into the story

--------------------------

Tsunade paced the living room of her home as she waited for Naruto to appear. Her hands were crossed against her chest as she glared at nothing in particular.

Why was this happening? Why?!

A damn traitor!? Of all the shit to happen...

"Is there any confirmation that a traitor even exists among the Uzumaki's?"

Tsunade turned towards Guren who was leaning on one of the walls with her arms crossed beneath her bust. The blonde woman stared at Guren for a second before narrowing her eyes and replying. "Ni is one of the most dangerous Shinobi in the Elemental Nations. She is quite literally the 'Jack of all Trades'. There's a reason we keep her on Uzu."

The blonde woman continued to pace around the room while speaking. "Ni not only possesses the abnormal understanding of Fuinjutsu that all Uzumaki's have but she also has access to the Kongo Fusa and the Kagura Shingan. Naruto has stated that Ni's understanding of the Kagura Shingan is so vast that she can rival his ability to sense emotions on a finite scale."

"She is incredibly important to Uzu as a whole as well as to Naruto who has taken it upon himself to be her 'older brother'. If Ni suspects there is a traitor in Uzu then there is a traitor in Uzu."

Guren furrowed her eyebrows at the explanation before gesturing with her left hand. "That doesn't really explain how she knows there's a traitor. The emotion sensing... thing? isn't reading people's minds or anything."

The scoff that left Tsunade actually shocked Guren. "As I said, her understanding of the ability is something that's never been seen. She can sense your emotions and even your intentions. Everything about your very being is displayed to her."

Guren blinked at the statement before shaking her head lightly. "That's just cheating."

Despite the anger coursing through her body Tsunade laughed at the woman's statement. "To some degree, yes. But the world isn't fair, my dear Guren. The Yamanaka can quite literally walk in your head, the Uchiha have pseudo-precognition and lots of other bullshit abilities, and your former master was basically immortal... A gimmick of course, but immortal nonetheless."

Guren had to give the older woman that one. The world wasn't really fair and all sorts of abilities existed in the Elemental Nations.

"Well, if she can sense negative intentions then why hasn't the traitor already been caught? Does the girl not have the ability to pinpoint the person who possesses them? Is she unable to distinguish people's... Chakra?"

Tsunade closed her eyes with an annoyed huff before sitting down on her couch. "As gifted as she is... No. Ni does not actually have the capability to turn off the said ability. She is constantly sifting through people's emotions and Chakra signatures. Every day, every hour, every minute, every second. That is another reason Naruto keeps her in Uzu. We don't want to take unnecessary risks with her and add on the fact that she has a fragile mental state... The only time she's ever allowed to leave Uzu is when Naruto's Personal Guard are patrolling the outer regions of Uzu."

A flash of gold interrupted the two women as Naruto appeared with a splotch of blood on his cheek. He wiped the mark of blood off of his face with his thumb before glancing at both women. The teen nodded his head towards Guren before making his way toward his lover.

"You are a lot calmer now."

Naruto sighed quietly as he took a seat beside his lover. He immediately grasped her hand in his own and leaned back into the couch. "I went hunting."