Lost Family

Welcome back!

Let's go into the story

--------------------------

The smell of stale coffee and leftover takeout food assaulted his nostrils as he slowly opened the door that led into the labs of Uzu. His eyebrow slowly rose as he took in the absolute mess that was before him.

Stacks of papers that had graphs, charts, advanced level mathematics, and other nonsensical ramblings were laid about everywhere. At least a dozen plates with bits of leftover food were stacked neatly on one of the many tables in the room. Cups, utensils, and recyclable cartons were laid about on various different tables and there were several dozen beakers and tubes with suspicious liquids in them that were bubbling lightly.

"Nononono... YES! I did-... Nevermind."

Naruto glanced towards the back of the room and spotted a disheveled Karin who was currently mixing two liquids into a beaker. His head tilted slightly as the girl banged her head on the steel table for several seconds.

She sat still for several seconds before her entire body shot up as if having an epiphany. "OF COURSE! I've got it. Idiot. Stupid idiot!" The spectacled woman was out of her previous seat in an instant and was now racing around the laboratory searching for... something.

The King of Uzu continued to watch the spectacle with no small amount of amusement. When Tayuya had said that Karin was a little... obsessed with her projects and experiments, she wasn't lying.

The number of coffee cups that were haphazardly laying around was a testament to this. He counted 23 and those were the ones he could actually see from his position. Surely there would be more when he decided to venture into the actual room.

He stared at the girl for another 5 minutes before shrugging his shoulders and walking inside. The second his foot stepped into the room the girl was instantly aware of his presence.

Karin jumped out of her seat as her body twisted completely around trying to identify the intruder. What she didn't account for was her foot getting caught on the metal stool she was seated on.

What could only be described as a beautiful disaster followed shortly.

Karin gave an obnoxiously loud yelp as she began to fall. The girl's arms shot out trying to prevent her fall but only seemed to make it worse. Her hands knocked over several glass beakers and viles sending them crashing onto the ground. Her body slammed into the ground as several more glasses began to fall on the ground around her. Several papers flew into the air due to the landing and Naruto could only stare in quiet disbelief at the scene that had just unfolded before him.

Karin gave a quiet groan of pain as she lay on the floor trying to bury herself due to the embarrassing scene that just unfolded. "Just kill me now..."

Naruto slowly strode towards the prone woman before standing beside her with his hands inside his pockets. Karin's gaze found his and she noted, with even more embarrassment, that he had an amused smile upon his face.

From this angle, she definitely saw why Tsunade had chased after him. He possessed the confidence of Kami herself and seemed to just have that natural bravado.

He was also very, very hot. So there was that.

"When Tayuya said you were harmless I actually did believe her." Naruto gestured towards her with his head before his smile grew in size. "Clearly she and I were wrong. You're a danger to yourself."

Karin's face became the same shade as her hair and she immediately tried sinking deeper into the floor. Which obviously didn't work and only served to amuse the blond teen even more.