Chapter 44: Mr. Miyagi?

Rosalía and Daniel take a stroll on the beach. The man explained what had happened while he was trying to promote Miyagi-Do to his pals. It was going great until Sandra, Aisha's mom, came in and started rambling about how great Cobra Kai is. Now they're walking in silence with their hands connected. The woman takes a deep breath as she takes in her surroundings: the sound of the crashing waves, seagulls, the smell of the ocean, and the couples walking along the shore. She loves the beach. "This is nice, isn't it?" she speaks up, wrapping her free arm around her husband's arm. "Yeah... it's a good place to think," he opines.

His wife nods in agreement. "Yeah," she softly voices. She glances at his face, which still has sadness all over it. "You'll figure it out soon. I know you will," she assures him. Daniel releases a heavy sigh before turning his head to her. "I hope so," he mutters. He faces forward again, suddenly stopping in his tracks when someone catches his eye. Rosalía stops as well and follows his line of vision. Her jaw drops when she spots a man in a fully khaki-colored hat and outfit fishing by the shore. The pair shares a surprised look before gazing at the man again. Daniel's grip on her hand loosens and he walks forward, the only thing on his mind being how much he needs Mr. Miyagi right now.

Rosalía follows him. She knows it's impossible but her heart wants it to be him so badly. The man turns when he notices the couple approaching from his peripheral vision. Their faces fall when they see his face. They knew it couldn't be Mr. Miyagi but they wanted it to be him. "Can I help you?" the man questions. The couple stares at him for a moment as the disappointment sinks in. "Uh- uh, no. I'm sorry, I- you just looked like an old friend," Daniel answers, to which the man nods. He's dressed just like him, Rosalía thinks as the two begin to step away. "Your friend," the man pipes up, making them stop.

"He like to fish?" he asks, nodding toward the ocean. "Yeah... he did," the woman replies, smiling as she remembers Mr. Miyagi's love for fishing. "He was better than I ever was," Daniel adds, chuckling. The man grins and nods, turning back to look at the water. "Not too many bites, huh?" Daniel mentions, pointing to the fishless bucket of water beside the man. "Not yet. Plenty still out there... If you got something worth biting, eventually the fish will find you. You just have to be patient," the man explains. Looks of realization creep onto Rosalía and Daniel's faces, both taking his words to heart. Daniel lightly shakes his head. "You're a lot more like our friend than we thought," he claims.

The man smiles and nods at the two before they resume their walk. They turn around to glance at him one last time. "What are the odds? He looked and sounded like him," Daniel remarks, chuckling in disbelief. "I know..." Rosalía trails off, reaching up to grab the cherry blossom pendant hanging over her chest. Warmth fills her chest and her lips curl up into a small sad smile as a thought enters her mind. "Maybe Mr. Miyagi sent him to us," she softly utters. Daniel smiles at the thought, feeling a bit emotional as well. "Maybe," he replies. They both know it could just be a coincidence, but they like to think that Mr. Miyagi is taking care of them from above.

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]

Selena, Sam, and Robby are at the pool chairs packing up their belongings. "I'm sorry about Aisha," the boy addresses Sam. "She can be friends with whoever she wants," she responds. Selena frowns at this. It seems that something always drives a wedge between her and Aisha. All of a sudden, Amanda walks up to them. "Hey, have any of you seen my wallet?" she asks as she rummages through her purse. "Wait, you're missing your wallet?" Robby asks with furrowed eyebrows. "It's gotta be around here somewhere. Can you just spread out? I'm sure it'll turn up," Amanda voices as she continues to search her purse. "Yeah, sure," Selena responds as she and Sam scan the area.

"I'll check the beach. Maybe someone turned it in to the lifeguard," Robby says before leaving. Sam glances at her mother with a suspecting look when the sound of laughter catches her attention. She looks up to see Aisha and Tory upstairs walking with their arms around each other. Selena's eyes land on Sam, noticing the angry frown on her face. She looks up, spotting the two girls.