Chapter 83: How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Okinawa, 1985

Kumiko grabs her fan and gracefully moves her arm to the side, flicking the fan open. She continues her dance and looks at Rosalía when she passes the fan over her face. Rosalía nods and smiles at her enthusiastically, letting her know that she's doing fantastic. She enjoys her performance until she notices movement in the background. She peers behind Kumiko and gasps when she spots Chozen swinging in.

"Behind you!" Daniel abruptly yells as Rosalía shoots up. Kumiko looks puzzled and she turns around, seeing Chozen. She tries to get away but he's quick to grab her. A few people, including the trio, Sato, and Yukie stand up and try to approach them. "Kumiko!" Yukie shouts as they step onto the bridge. Chozen pulls out a knife and yells, "get back!" Everyone backs up, afraid of him hurting someone. "Get back or I kill her!" he yells, holding the blade to Kumiko's neck.

After Sato and Mr. Miyagi unsuccessfully attempt to reason with the vengeful man, he trains his eyes on Rosalía. "You! Come here!" Rosalía looks around her, confused. "Me?" she asks, pointing to herself. "Yes, you! You disrespect me many times," Chozen hisses. "No," she simply answers, staring Chozen dead in the eyes.

"Come here now or I kill her!" He threatens. Kumiko lets out another cry, making Rosalía's eyes widen. "Wait! Okay, I'm coming. I'm coming," she softly speaks, carefully stepping down. Daniel snatches her wrist and shouts, "what? No, leave her out of this!"

"I'M RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE," Chozen booms. Rosalía removes her wrist from her boyfriend's hold. "It's okay," she murmurs before crossing the bridge. Daniel gives her a terrified look. The girl approaches Chozen. "I'm here... now let her go," she cautiously utters. Chozen throws Kumiko to the ground and grabs Rosalía, now holding the knife to her neck. The crowd gasps at the sight and Daniel and Miyagi shriek, "no!" She stays silent, only breathing shakily. "You disrespect me many times!" Chozen hisses in her ear, making her cringe.

Daniel tries to deescalate the situation, desperately hoping to persuade Chozen to let his girlfriend go. Much to his dismay, Chozen doesn't budge. "No more talk. You cross bridge or I kill her!" he threatens, pressing the knife against Rosalía's neck. She squeezes her eyes shut when she feels the cold blade on her skin. She doesn't make a sound, however. She stays as still as possible, afraid of getting cut if she moves. Daniel slowly straightens up. "Daniel-san," Miyagi stops him. "This not tournament. This for real," he warns him.

"Now!" Chozen commands, shaking Rosalía again. "Ah," she slightly groans, feeling his arm pressing harder into her neck. Daniel walks across the bridge, then drops it into the water as Chozen orders before demanding him to let the girl go. Chozen flicks the blade away from the girl's neck and declares, "now we fight to death!" He closes the switchblade and tosses it aside before harshly flinging Rosalía to the ground and launching at Daniel.

An intense brawl breaks out between the two males. At times, Daniel has the upper hand while other times, Chozen has the advantage. Chozen sends two kicks to Daniel's face, causing him to collapse against the statue behind him. Rosalía panics, worried about Daniel and Kumiko, who's still unconscious from the punch she received from Chozen. She looks up upon hearing the sound of a drum. The sound multiplies and she views everyone turning a drum in their hands.

She slightly smiles, knowing what Mr. Miyagi is trying to tell Daniel. Rosalía looks over at Daniel and watches him hopefully when she notices his determined face. He positions himself and Chozen releases a yell, going to attack him. Daniel begins to punch him repeatedly, using the drum technique. Chozen finally collapses to his knees and Daniel grips his hair, bringing his other hand up, ready to strike. "Live or die, man?" he asks.