Chapter 69: Haunting Aftermath

This song reminds me of young Rosaniel (but instead of Cuba, it's El Salvador haha). I have a playlist of songs that remind me of them because there are so many and I just love Rosalia and Daniel so much lol. 

Anyway... Season 3, let's gooooo!!!

-

-

West Valley High School

Daniel and Rosalía arrive at the school for the PTA meeting. Neither of them is too excited to be here, considering the Valley's view on them now. Nonetheless, since this meeting is regarding the school brawl, they feel that they have to be here. Especially because Daniel's students, including Selena, were involved. "We're not leaving here without an explanation," Daniel declares as they enter the building.

"I don't want to be here at all. I've never liked PTA meetings, even less now that everyone hates us. I can't believe they suspended Selena and Sam for two weeks," his wife responds, scoffing. She understands that violence on school property is wrong but Sam was defending herself from the instigator of the entire thing, and Selena was defending her. "The school board are a bunch of estúpidos, buenos para nada [good-for-nothing idiots]," she frustratedly adds. Daniel sets a hand on her back, soothingly rubbing it when he sees how upset she's getting.

"At least they expelled the girl who started the whole thing," he mentions. "Yeah, that's cool but jail seems a lot more fitting for her," Rosalía angrily blurts. The man looks around to check if anyone heard her since she said that pretty loudly. "Love, calm down," he tells her. The woman takes a breath, sharply exhaling as she stops in her tracks. "I know, I know, I'm sorry. It's just... this freaking sucks! The dealership lost so much business because of this," she claims, sounding stressed but less angry.

Daniel gently grips his wife's arms, gazing into her eyes. "Hey, it's not that bad. The studio still has a lot of business," he tries to assure her. The dealership lost a horrific amount of customers due to the fight, but La Rosalía Dance is still doing alright. There were many who left because of Rosalía's connection to Daniel, and they don't want anything to do with a LaRusso. However, the studio also has numerous loyal supporters who have been dancing there for a long time. Rosalía Juárez is a legendary name in the dance community, so many of her admirers chose to stay.

A lot of the employees and visitors also know her personally and know that she is a good person. Many of said employees and visitors are Latinx or part of other POC communities. They claim that they feel at home at La Rosalía Dance and want to continue supporting this Latina-owned business, especially since they don't know of other Latina-owned studios in the Los Angeles area. "Yeah, we got lucky, gracias a Dios [thank God]. But that doesn't change the fact that our name and Mr. Miyagi's are tainted," Rosalía states sadly.

Sadness fills her husband's eyes at the mention of Mr. Miyagi. She feels bad when she notices this. "Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have brought that up," she apologizes. Daniel immediately shakes his head. "No, don't worry," he softly counters. "I'm sorry... I got us into this... and I promise, I'm gonna find a way to get us out, okay?" he continues, taking the woman's face in his hands and pecking her forehead. Rosalía shuts her eyes when his lips make contact with her skin and nods. "We'll figure it out together," she whispers, meeting his eyes.

A small grin tugs at Daniel's lips and he nods. He was trying to comfort his wife but she's the one who ended up comforting him. "Come on," he voices, setting his hand on the small of her back and leading her into the auditorium. They make their way to the front, spotting Amanda and Louie in the second row. They scoot into the narrow row and take the empty seats next to the blue-eyed woman. "Hey, Amanda. Hi, Louie," Rosalía pipes up as she sits down beside her. Daniel waves at the two as he takes the seat beside his wife.