Chapter 90: It's Open Season

I'm surprised nobody has said they imagine Rosalía as Shakira, Eva Mendes, Constance Marie, or Eva Longoria lol... Or even Thalia or Jenni Rivera. I mostly imagine Jennifer Lopez but these women are gorgeous too! I can see Emeraude Toubia as Aaliyah! Rachel Zegler is the only Selena for me though <3

But ANYWAY... let's get to it...!

-

-

Juarez LaRusso House

"We're so delighted to have you over for dinner, Armand," Rosalía addresses the landlord sitting to her right. "Yeah, we're sorry your wife couldn't make it," her husband adds while Armand digs into his food. "Ah, she had a... Zumba mumba class. I don't know, bunch of bullshit," he dismisses in his thick accent, waving his hands for emphasis. "Don't you teach Zumba?" he asks the woman, glancing at her. "Oh, no. But actually, Zumba's pretty good car–" Rosalía explains before getting cut off. "This stuff is good!" Armand interjects.

The woman chooses to ignore how he interrupted her. "Oh, yeah, it's Daniel's mom's famous chicken cacciatore," she responds, grinning at her husband. The tan man nods, sending her a grin in return. "You should try dipping your bread in the..." Rosalía's voice goes quiet, her smile fading when Armand sticks his bread in the dish containing the rest of the chicken cacciatore. "Mmm," the landlord hums in satisfaction. "Okay," the woman murmurs. Maleducado [ill-mannered man], Rosalía thinks.

Daniel eyes the man in astonishment before glancing at his wife, knowing what she's thinking. "Mmm, yeah. Very good. So..." Armand voices as he takes a bite of bread. He glances at the two on either side of him, raising his hands in a questioning manner. "Why am I here?" he inquires. Rosalía looks at her husband, who pipes up, "well, we just wanna talk a little business." Armand makes a face. "You know we don't talk business. I don't trust car salesmen, so I can't make a deal with you," he reminds Daniel.

"Oh, well then good thing I'm not a car salesman," Rosalía states in a singsong voice, sending the landlord a charming smile. "Mmm," Armand hums in satisfaction as he looks at her, a broad cheeky smile spreading across his face. Rosalía chuckles and glances at Daniel, who slightly furrows his eyebrows upon noticing the landlord's too happy reaction. "You have a proposal for me, darling?" Armand gleefully asks. "Ohhh, it's purely business, not... the other kind," Rosalía replies, the smile still on her face. Armand's grin instantly drops.

"Ah," he groans in disappointment, lowering his head. "Alright. Tell me. What?" he accepts, glancing at the woman again. Daniel just observes the interaction, wanting to see if the older man will fold easily with his wife. Rosalía leans toward Armand as she voices, "I want you to evict a tenant in your Reseda strip mall." The landlord already knows who she means. "Oh, is this about the snake karate? Why would I evict him? He's an excellent tenant. Much better than the last guy," he argues.

"And there are better tenants out there. Ones who aren't sociopathic, unpredictable, and dangers to the community," the woman counters, even though she doubts he cares about that. "So? His rent is predictable. He pays on time all the time," Armand responds. I knew he would say something like that, the woman thinks. She plasters a charming grin on her face again, resting her cheek against her hand. "And how much is that rent? You know, just out of curiosity," she inquires, lightly giggling. "Ah," the landlord laughs.

"I can't tell you that. Uh, it would be, how you say, uh... unethical," he claims. Knowingly letting an evil man stay in your strip mall is also unethical, Rosalía thinks. "Oh, come on..." she chuckles. "Since when do you care about ethics?" she teases, playfully shoving his shoulder and giggling. Oh, God, Daniel thinks as he watches Armand laugh, who's clearly enjoying the woman's attention. "Aha, you got me there!" the landlord replies, pointing at her. "Okay. I will evict him... for triple the amount," he agrees, Rosalía's charm winning him over.