Chapter 110: Te Quiero

Miyagi-Do Dojo

Rosalía and Daniel step outside to see Johnny painting the house. "Remember, side, side," the LaRusso man reminds him. "You know, I could have this finished in two minutes with a paint sprayer," the blonde man mentions. "Then you'll be missing the point of the lesson," Daniel states as he and the woman sit in the chairs behind Johnny. They share a look, both of them quietly giggling, entertained by the situation.

"You know, you can't just layer paint on shit. You need a heat gun to get down to the base. Maybe a right angle scraper," the blonde describes, turning to the tan man. "You do realize that this lesson isn't about painting, right?" Rosalía addresses him as she reaches into the cooler to grab a Modelo. She fetches a Blue Moon beer for Daniel, handing it to him. Said man nods in agreement and adds, "If you wanna learn how to fight defensively, you gotta change your instincts."

"Yeah, well, my instincts say this is a waste of time," Johnny complains as he continues painting. Daniel ignores his comment as he takes a long sip of beer. He releases a contented sigh and examines the bottle in his hand. "That's quality," he states. Johnny glances at him over his right shoulder, annoyed that he's relaxing while making him paint using an inefficient method. The couple grins at one another as they clink their bottles together before Rosalía takes a sip of her beer. "You missed a spot. Over there," Daniel informs Johnny, pointing at the wall.

The woman smiles, amused. "You know what? Screw this," Johnny reacts, dropping the paintbrush and going toward the cooler. "What? You quitting already? That's it?" Daniel asks as he sets down his beer and stands up. The blonde mindlessly grabs a Blue Moon from the cooler before straightening up and facing the other man. "Look, maybe you could do this but I can't," he claims, twisting the cap off his bottle and tossing it away. "Defense is boring. Offense will always be more badass," he opines before chugging some beer.

Rosalía watches her husband's offended face, knowing he's thinking really hard. Not satisfied with the taste of the liquid, Johnny studies the bottle. "Fruit in your beer. Figures," he mocks. He's gonna do something crazy, the woman thinks as she observes Daniel. She can see it in his eyes. Said man just glares at the blonde before suddenly waving his arms and yelling, "Hi-yah!" His hand slices the top of Johnny's glass bottle clean off, shocking him. "Holy shit," he reacts, examining the broken bottle in his hand.

Rosalía smiles giddily as she takes another sip of beer. "That was hot," she mutters, which her husband hears. He smirks, winking at her. Johnny darts his eyes between them, still in shock at what just happened. "How the hell did you do that?" he queries the other sensei. Daniel keeps a cool exterior as he looks at him, calmly yet sternly explaining, "Miyagi-Do may seem boring, but don't forget it saved your ass a few weeks ago from Kreese... And that wasn't the first time."

Memories of Mr. Miyagi rescuing him from Kreese flash through Johnny's mind, making him realize that Daniel has a point. "Nobody was more badass than Mr. Miyagi," the LaRusso man states. Rosalía feels a pang in her heart at the mention of that name. "Dude was like an Avenger," she pipes up, a reminiscent grin forming on her face as she clutches the cherry blossom pendant hanging over her chest. The Lawrence man eyes her sympathetically for a second before glancing back at Daniel.

Without uttering another word, he puts down the broken bottle and heads back to the wall. He picks up the paintbrush and gets back to work. The couple shares a glance, both smiling in delight. Rosalía is glad that the blonde came around. He's misjudged Miyagi-Do so much and now he's starting to see that it's more badass than he thought. Daniel sighs as he sits back down. "Remember, side, side," he reiterates, taking a sip of beer. His wife does the same.

She pulls the bottle away from her lips to look at it, thinking about how Johnny criticized Daniel's choice of beer. "Johnny, do you like Modelo?" she randomly inquires. The Lawrence man turns to glance at her. "Hell, yeah. I got a bunch of magazines with modelos [models] in them," he answers before returning to his painting. This makes Daniel choke on his beer while Rosalía stifles a laugh. "No! Modelo, the beer!" she clarifies, chuckling.