Chapter 58: 80s Selena

The Roller Rink

Selena told Sam and Robby about her plans to go to 80s Night at the roller rink with her friends, which sounded appealing to them. Selena convinced them that they should go too since they were itching to go out. Therefore, while Selena rode with her friends, Sam and Robby decided to go in a separate car. The couple arrives first and enters the roller rink, happily chatting as they walk in. A blonde girl on roller skates rolls by and Sam taps her shoulder. "Oh, excuse me. Can we get some menus?" she asks. The girl spins around, raising her eyebrows when she sees Sam.

Sam is taken aback when she realizes it's the girl from the beach club, Tory. "Well, look who it is," Tory voices, obviously displeased. "I, um... I didn't know that you worked here," Sam tells her, feeling uncomfortable. "Yeah, well, not all of us get to use daddy's credit card," the blonde retorts. "Look, we just wanted to order some food. I'm sorry," the brunette assures her. At that moment, Miguel approaches from behind the couple. "Hey, uh, what time do you go on break? I wanted to time it out so that the fries are actually crispy," he addresses Tory.

The blonde side-eyes Sam and Robby, letting him know that they're in the middle of an awkward confrontation. Miguel turns to the couple, stunned to see them here together. "Oh, um..." he trails off, taking off his glasses. "Hey, I didn't recognize you. I... dig the costumes," he compliments Sam, feeling awkward. He hasn't thought about her in a long time but it's still strange running into her. Especially when she's accompanied by the boy he was worried about when they were together.

"Thanks," Sam replies, flickering her eyes from Miguel to Robby. She's been too distracted by karate and Robby and hasn't thought about Miguel too much. She doesn't feel anything for him anymore but seeing him with Tory certainly bothers her since she doesn't necessarily like the blonde. All of a sudden, Selena and her friends walk into the arena. The girl spots Sam and Robby from behind, instantly recognizing their costumes. "Oh, hey, prima [cousin]! Robby!" she chirps as she runs up to them, excited to see them.

(Selena's costume)

(Selena's costume)

"I just saw someone dressed as Duckie outside, y'all need to take a picture with him," she comments, giggling. She looks past them, stunned when her eyes land on Miguel and Tory in front of her. Miguel internally cringes. This is the most awkward situation he's ever been in. "Oh... uh, hey," Selena acknowledges the two. "Hey, Sel," Miguel responds, grinning at her. His eyes dart to her friends, who are now standing behind her, silently watching. The girl's eyes shift to Tory, noticing the tray in her hand. "Oh, you work here? That's cool!" she mindlessly voices, smiling. The blonde nods.

"Yeah, I do," she affirms without reciprocating her energy. Tory already didn't like Sam but then Aisha informed her that she dated Miguel, making her even warier of the blue-eyed girl. Her presence here does not make her happy, and Selena being here is the cherry on top. She doesn't dislike Selena, but she does feel a bit of displeasure around her since Miguel had feelings for her when they got together. She doesn't necessarily feel secure in her relationship because of that. "Uh, I love your costume. Madonna is iconic," Selena compliments the blonde.