⋆ O S H I K O ⋆

An Year Later

An Year Later

Right now, as I stood beside my parents while they were talking to a 'family friend' , I wondered how it was possible for the two to act so in love while at home they were a complete mess.

In front of me stood a man who looked about the same age as my father, a little shorter , his blond hair and light blue eyes shining in the sun. Next to him was a beautiful short woman. She also had golden hair and black eyes. Next to them was a small girl, smaller than me though we're the same age and looked like a complete copy of her father.

She was hiding behind her mother's leg while peeking at me, a soft pink hue on her cheeks. She looked like she was eager to talk to me.

Today I am here with my family to attend a party, more like a place for people to make business propositions. I sighed. I've been bored out of my mind and this annoying girl is making me even more agitated.

When our eyes locked, she gave me a shy wave of her hand and then hid behind her mom completely while letting out a small squeak. Ok that's it I guess. I don't really know how to act kindly nor do I wish to talk to her, but since my mother would like it.....

"Hi Oshiko!" I gave her a bright smile and waved energetically. Her eyes widened at my action, a big smile now visible on her face.

Turning to my mom, I tugged on her dress. "Mama... mama, can I go and play with Oshiko in the garden?" She looked down at me with a smile on her face. "Sure baby. Just don't get lost. And since I know you're a big and responsible girl, take care of her ok?" She said while patting my head. She looked so proud of me.....

I nodded and walked towards the green eyed girl. Extending my hands towards her, I smiled. She hesitated a little, looking at her mother for permission. Her mother sighed and nodded before turning her attention back to the conversation.

Looks like she doesn't really care about the poor child.

Oshiko ran towards me and gave me a shy smile, extending her hand for me to shake it. I sighed and shook her hand, making her squeal in happiness. "I-I am Oshiko! Good to meet you Y/N!" She exclaimed loudly, nervousness clearly visible in her features.

I gave her a nod and pointed towards the garden. "Let's go there and then talk. The adults are annoying." I wanted to be a bit more polite, but I guess that just wasn't in my nature.

She nodded meekly and followed me to where the rose plants were, the sun shining brightly. "I like your purple hair!" She suddenly said. Ah right, my hair is now a dark purple, almost black, completely different from my (h/c) hair.

"I like your hair to. You look like a fairy." What I said was true but I wish I could show more enthusiasm. It's not like I care, but as I am trying to change for my mom, I really wanted to do my best.

She blushed at my complement. "T-thank you! You're my first friend you know. So I wish we could be together for a long time!" Her smile and her brightness were blinding to be honest. It made me... happy?

"You're my first friend too." Giving her a small smile, I laid down on my back. I never really had any friends, even in my past life. Everyone hated me I guess. Looking back at it now makes me wonder how many people wanted to skin me alive. I don't like what I did, and after what happened that night, I somehow hate my past self. But my past self is still me, and I can't just suddenly change.

Caring about others is a hard thing for me, specially when I've been neglected my whole life. Don't get me wrong, my parents loved me but according to them, they had many more important things to take care of.

Looking at Oshiko, I saw her looking longingly towards her parents. From what I've observed, her parents seem do not care about her much. Our(Y/N's past self and Oshiko) situations are so similar yet the two of us have turned out completely different.

"You know Y/N... I don't really have anyone. Since you are the first person to actually care about me, I'll protect you! Always!" She said with a lot of energy and eagerness. She stood up and started throwing her hands around in the air as if trying to punch. "See, I'm super strong!"

My eyes widened. Protect me? Sitting up, I looked down at my lap. I really don't deserve such kindness. No, I don't deserve any sort of kindness at all.

"Thank you Oshiko. It means a lot to me. I-I will protect you with all I have as well." Mom and Oshiko. Her eyes widened as she blushed again and gave me a big smile.

Too bright.

She sat down nest to me with a small thud. "You have a beautiful smile Oshiko." "Thank you! Though my mother says that I should always give a small smile as big smiles are not very elegant and lady-like."

What the fuck. Aren't we supposed to be five years old?

"Well but I like your smile so don't listen to your mother." I would have cursed at the woman but next to me is a precious child so...

"Yeah... I stopped listening to her a long time ago. It's not like she cares anyways." She started playing with the grass on the ground. But then she suddenly beamed, taking me by surprise.

"But now I have a friend! You! Someone who actually cares about me. So if you like my smile, I won't change it. Ever!" This girl will sure end up making me a soft-hearted fool. "That's good to hear."

"Can I see your smile?" My eyes widened at her question while she just looked at me innocently. "I-I mean, it's fine if you don't like to smile much! I know that not everyone likes to smile always and I don't want to force you to smile always either! I just want to see your smile once. I also don't want you to change. I think you're really cool!"

I sighed and gave her the biggest smile I could. She squealed in excitement and held her cheeks. "Y/N you're so so pretty."

And you're so precious. "Thank you." Here comes another person who is making me want to change myself, someone who wants to protect me. Me of all people, someone who definitely doesn't deserve people like these.

Extending my arms towards her, I hugged her. She was taken aback but hugged me back nonetheless. I know we just met Oshiko, but I really want you to be happy. Somehow, I really want to protect you, just like my mom.

............(Dead) (Alive)............