⋆ W H Y ? ⋆

"Don't talk like we're close." Kokonoi grumbled, scowling at the girl. He hated the fact that he ran into her. What were the chances that the cunning bitch has somehow fooled him to meet her? One hundred percent, he was sure of it.

Y/N sighed. "Do i look like i wanted to meet you either? Don't bother yourself and walk along." That pinched Kokonoi's heart more than it should have. She didn't miss him, she didn't care about him. At all. She had left him on purpose and now it was clear as day.

He wanted to scream or shout at her. Why was he so affected? They knew each other only for a few months. Why did he care so much? They didn't even do anything in the time they spent together, only studying. Only learning. Only walking towards what they wanted to achieve.

Maybe that was all for her but somehow, for him, she had become a place of comfort. Maybe because she felt like a first true friend he had after Inui and.... And Akanae.

"Yeah, sorry." He mumbled. Kokonoi wasn't supposed to care for anyone except Inui, and yet he started to care for a stranger. He had started to care for someone who made it clear long ago that they weren't friends but just acquaintances. She started talking to him in the first place just because she wanted to learn. And once she was done, she was gone.

"Don't apologise." She heaved a sigh. "I'm sorry. Its just that... i- I've been in a lot of stress for some time. I shouldn't have been that rude." She remembered that it was Kokonoi who has taught her about market and money, the reason she had been succeeding. "I just want to say- thank you Koko. For helping me out. Without all that you taught me that day, i might not have been able to do the things i am doing today."

A soft whisper in his heart told him to forgive her. It told him to let go of the past. But the whisper was too low to be heard.

"Don't act like you care." Kokonoi scoffed, Y/N sighed. She was trying her best to not kill him right then and there. She didn't care about im, but she knew she needed him.

"I do care." She grinned arrogantly. "After all, it was all that you taught me that is helping me right now. I mean, all the business tactics i use are somehow the modified versions of what you taught me." It was partly the truth. She did learn a lot from him.

He scoffed. "I am the best. And you know what, i can kill you right here and right now. Who do you think would care?"

"The world, darling. Don't you know? People have been pretty buzzed up about me. "The new business sensation? The best future generation CEO? The one handling the business so well after her father fell ill? People care a lot sweetheart. And my good looks are just a cherry on top."

"Oh I've also heard some things. "The girl who drugged her father to kill him. The girl who will bring ruin to the Akiko's. The girl who is no less of a whore, being seen with different men on daily basis." He snarled at her, hands itching to grab hold of the gun in his pocket and shoot her right then and there.

Y/N shrugged. "People talk nonsense when they're jealous. They can only wish to have as much money as i do, and of course looks." She smirked at him and leaned forward, her hands crossed in front of her chest. "Won't you agree?"

"Y- yeah whatever!" He pushed her shoulder lightly, a weird anger settling in his mind. Was she making fun of him because he wasn't rich and was not able to save Akanae? Well, she was in a way.

"I'll take my leave now." She bowed like a gentleman would to his lady, holding his hand and bringing it up to kiss the back of it. "I hope we meet again soon." And with that she walked away.

And there he stood still with a blushing face, but was he red because he was flustered or was he red because of anger? Who knows. Maybe both.

┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈

"Mama, can i go now?" Y/N asked, her voice croaking as she was being held by her mother tightly. Being cuddled was still not something she had been accustomed to. Specially being the smaller spoon. She likes to be the bigger one since she's taller than most people she knows.

"Oki, but when you come home, lets bake some cookies with Aakashiko." Seeing her mother smile with so much happiness made y/n calm and soothed her always anxious heart. "Be back home by 9!"

Grabbing her coat, she walked out of her home, waving goodbye to her mom. Y/N missed her older sister. The house felt so quiet without her. Though it hadn't been that long, she missed her nonetheless. But she would never stop her loved ones from chasing their dreams.

Y/N made her way to Takemichi's place quietly, unseen. She had her hood up, making sure she remains unnoticed from the sharp eyes of the people and the media. She had been their target for quite some time. After all, what Kokonoi had said was the truth. As much as people love her, some hate her just as much. And she wouldn't want stupid rumours to start either.

Being so popular had only made her life more difficult.

She knocked on the door of Takemichi's apartment but the one to open wasn't Takemichi but Hinata. A smile spread across the said girl's face as she saw Y/N. Well, Michi and his friends were not a part of all the Kazutora ruckus. Did Y/N mention that she still hasn't talked to any of them?

"Where is Takemichi? I have some work for him." Hina, suddenly overwhelmed, shifted aside only for Y/N to see the ugliest view she ever could. His room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months! Goodness, did she almost puked.

"I think i would prefer talking outside." She said while clearing her throat. This was something important and couldn't be not done because of such small matters. "It wont take long."

Well, nothing should take long anymore. After all, she is catching up on whatever has been happening and she will try her best to not let anything happen.

..........(Death) (Birth)..........