⋆ T H I N K & O V E R T H I N K ⋆

"So, when was the last time we spent time together as a group?" Mikey grinned at Hinari while everyone else peeked behind or more like above his head. He was a little too short.

"Not more than three days, Mikey. Don't be so dramatic." I smacked the back of his head and sat down on a stool beside Hinari's bed. "How have you been?"

Hinari just gave me a curt nod. She looks quiet anxious for some reason. I could no longer see the cheerful girl, just a confused, blank person. Was she going through a shock because of getting shot or was it something else? I should talk to her after all this. She could probably use some moral support right now.

"Well, i got you something to eat." Shinichiro broke the cheerful chittering-chattering atmosphere. Everyone looked happy except the person they all wished to see happy. "It's your favourite food, pork katsu curry."

Hinari smiled gratefully. I noticed how clingy Mikey was being ever since we had entered the room. Hinari didn't seem to mind the affection though. "Let me eat peacefully, will you." ....Or maybe she did. I should never judge too quick. "Also, i am totally fine now you guys. No need to worry so much." She forced a laugh and i guess it was so fake that everyone in the room noticed.

"Hinari-chan, are you still in pain? Does your wound still hurt?" Shin's soft voice seemed to have a rather touching effect on her as i saw tears brimming in her eyes. I can't really blame her. Shin does seem like an angel. I'm pretty sure that if Oshiko was here, she would have handled the situation better than me. I mean, i am barely helping. But what could i do? I have never really been the one to provide comfort, always being the cause of other's discomfort. I changed a little after i was reborn, yes, but I'm still bad at that.

"Whatcha thinking 'bout, Y/N-san?" Kazutora asked while putting a hand on my shoulder, breaking me out of my trance. I shook my head. "Its nothing, don't mind me."

I wonder, if i had people who actually cared for me, would i have been different? A little better maybe. Not someone who makes her surrounding gloomy, not someone who makes people worry but rather someone who can help others, motivate others to do better. I envy people like Oshiko at times like these, people who wear their heart on their sleeves, people who can love freely. I am always so... serious. I never enjoy the moment. I have always either been living in the past or the future.

I wonder how living in the present would feel I like. I wonder how it feels to sit down for even a minute without any worries, to look at the setting sun, sitting beside someone you love and talking about your day. I wonder how it feels to not carry the burden of the lives of your friends and family.

"Hinari, would you mind shifting a little. I wanna lay down next to you." Mikey exclaimed cheerfully. "I know you won't mind." Hinari groaned in annoyance but I could see how she blushed every time their bodies touched or when their faces were merely inches apart. I saw Draken stealing glances at Emma who was busy scolding his brother from time to time.

Baji and Kazutora would tease their beloved friend and vice-captain every time they caught him staring and Mitsuya would just laugh at whatever jokes they would make while silently admiring his friends. Shinichiro was busy on his phone, maybe talking to his friends.

I could have talked to them as well, my small group that is. But everyone was busy. Ara was busy preparing for her exams, she was planning to compete her higher education in America. Oshiko said that she had a piece of painting to work on and Akio was busy with his internship. Hima had been writing. She told me that before she dies of her chronic bronchitis, she wants to publish something meaningful, something that would leave her mark on earth. All of them had such diverse goals and objectives.

And there was me with no real objective or goal, only greed and vengeance driving me to do whatever i was doing. I wonder if i even belonged anywhere close to any of these people.