⋆ R E V E L A T I O N S ⋆

Getting ready for the event was a hassle

Getting ready for the event was a hassle. To be honest Y/N never understood why so many people were needed to get her up and ready for the day. It has been hours of maids and Aakashiko-san frantically running around trying to give Y/N her best look for the very first important event of her life.

She wore a black dress that reached her mid calves and a white overcoat and black laced gloves. Nothing out of the extraordinary but it gave her an elegant look, that's what everyone was aiming for. She wore some diamonds earrings that dangled prettily and a small necklace, mild make-up covering her face.

She looked at herself and wondered has she always been this pretty? Y/N continued to stare at herself in awe but soon composed herself. She needs to get going. She quickly wore her heels and walked don where her parents and cousins were waiting.

Ara wore a dress similar to Y/N's, without the overcoat, and with floral design in it. She looked really pretty. Y/N's mother wore a peach coloured dress, completely contrasting her husband's dark blue one. Y/N paid no mind to the other three cousins who wore white shirts and black pants, and of course the sister wearing an orange dress. Sometimes she forgets that they exist.

"Oh my! Y/N you look amazing." Ara said with a small smile. Her mother nodded.

Y/N's PoV :

When we reached our destination, I saw many intimidating people walking towards the huge door. I felt chills down my spine. These people were my competition? Might as well back down now.

However I know I need to walk forward, for my mother. And to look down on my father of course. To see him embarrassed and ashamed.

I've never done something like this before. But I walked beside my family with my head held high. I looked at Ara who looked confident as ever. She's honestly a really wonderful person. My mother was walking with grace, a small smile on her face. My father kept a neutral face while my other cousins ran away, probably to eat food or something.

We parted ways and Ara came with me. The two of us found Oshiko who wore a peachy white dress with a beautiful cardigan and a necklace. Her hair was in a bun, just like Ara's while mine was in a high ponytail. We took her away from her parents who didn't even notice that.

"The two of you need to stick together. I've got some things to do." I said in a hushed tone as I looked around the huge hall, looking for Hima. She has to be here.

However, my eyes landed on a boy who didn't look much older than me. He wore a black shirt and grey trousers. He looked at me with narrowed eyes and when our eyes met, he didn't even look away. Rather, he looked as if daring me to break the eye contact. I too, narrowed my eyes at him but looked away. This isn't the time to be petty. I need to work.

I found her, Hima, wearing a brown dress, standing at the very corner of the room with a boy who wore a yellow shirt and black jeans. They were talking about something, Hima looked serious while the boy looked like he was having the time of his life.