⋆ F A I L ⋆

Y/N's PoV :

I am still a little frustrated at the fact that things didn't go as I planned. I had told Hinari that we'll talk later but even I don't know when that later will come.

Right now however, I was riding my bike as fast as I could because it's time I save the girl. I don't understand how or why I even remember such minute detail. Maybe it's because I know that being raped is any person's greatest horror. I may not know the reason but I really want to help the girl.

But I was bound to fail. What else could you expect? I did not remember the perfect time and place where. After all it was never really mentioned in the story. As soon as I reached the park, I saw the girl and the boy laying side by side, holding hands as the boy sobbed in agony.

"Can you stand?" My voice startled him. He shifted in front of his girlfriend with the little energy he had as if he was protecting her. I just stared hard at the couple in front of me, a feeling of guilt settling down in the pit of my stomach. It was my fault that I couldn't save them. What else could I do?

In that moment, I realised that saving everyone wasn't possible. I planned out everything yet things have stopped going my way since I faced my father. I couldn't help but feel anxious if things would work out in the future.

"I am Y/N and I am here to help you." He flinched when I touched his shoulder. He must also be in so much pain. I waisted no time and walked towards the girl, picking her up in my arms. When I looked down at the boy, I saw that he was unconscious. I took the girl to one of the benches and laid her down gently and proceeded to call the ambulance.

When the doctors came, they came with the police. They asked me questions about what had happened in a rather lazy manner. All of them looked like they didn't want to be there. All except one. There was this one officer, a young man, who kept checking on the girl until the ambulance left. And also the two female officers who kept glaring at their senior for his behaviour. What else could they do?

Then I asked myself the same question. What else could I do? Things were not going well. I had no chance against fate and I know it. That is exactly what scared me. If it was the fate for my loved ones to die, what would I do?

I suddenly felt overwhelmed, something in my head telling me to just stop trying, to give up. Should I give up and surrender myself to fate? Or should I keep fighting for those who I love so that they can live to see another tomorrow?

I walked towards my bike and readied myself to go home. It had started to rain somewhere on my way home. I couldn't care less. I shouldn't feel this way but I was scared. I was truly scared.

When I reach home, my mother was who was on the couch with her reading glasses as she read through the newspaper on her feet in a matter of seconds to greet me. However, the cheerful look from her face dropped the moment she saw the dead look in my eyes. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at me with worry.

"Y/N... what happened?" Her voice was soft and sweet. It calmed me.

"Mom, can I sleep by your side tonight?" I sounded so tired. I felt so tired.

She took my wet, cold hands in her warm ones, a heartwarming smile on her face. "Yes of course. But first, let's get you cleaned up. Aakashiko, please prepare a bath for her."

Aakashiko-san nodded and took her leave. My mother gently pulled me towards the bathroom and told me to wash up. I did what I needed to do and changed into my bed clothes. I was just glad that I haven't encountered my father yet or I might have killed him, considering my mood.

I knocked on her door. Opening it, she pulled me inside while holding both my hands. I looked up at her to see her proud smile. Why was she proud? I had done nothing. Before i could even say anything, she kissed my forehead and ruffled my hair.

"Why do you look so proud mother?" I asked in a small voice.

"Do I always need a reason to be proud of my own daughter?" She smiled sweetly yet again.

"Let's go to sleep. You must be tired." I just remembered that neither of us had eaten our food. I wasn't hungry and didn't plan on eating anything but when I asked her why she didn't eat, she just replied that she would eat with me in the morning.

That night, I slept peacefully in my mother's warm embrace. Or so I thought. Little did I knew that peace in my life had ended a long time ago.

..........(Death) (Birth)..........

A/N ~

This will be my last chapter for a while. I am going on a small hiatus. There are some things I need to get done. I will also make some changes in the story while I can cause I know for sure that there are a shit load of spelling mistakes and grammatical error.

Also, please vote :)