⋆ P R O U D ⋆

Y/N's PoV :

Wakasa and Benkei have left with Takeomi and Senju. I have no one to train with anymore. They might not be that far away but they said that they wanted a normal life now as they are almost adults and I respect that. I do train with Ara sometimes though it's not enough for me. She is only as strong as Baji I guess and training with her gives more benifit to her than me.

Right now as I sat on my bed with my glasses on and read through this information that Ara got me about Hinari, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door opened to reveal my grandmother who had a sweet smile on her face. She is as beautiful as winter and as soft as snow. I admire her so much.

Behind her followed my grandfather who looked like he had just gotten scolded. He gave me a smile that seemed to say 'yeah I got into trouble.' I chuckled at his helpless face and welcomed them to sit beside me.

"Y/N, we weren't really able to talk properly since we came two days ago and you seemed quiet busy." Grandma started. "We wanted to talk to you about something."

"How have your progress been? Have you changed your mind yet?"

"I have not changed my mind. I am still set on taking over this company. And about my progress, I can say it's pretty good" I smiled softly at their concern.

Grandpa laughed and patted my back. "As expected from my granddaughter." Grandma smacked his head from behind earning a whine of complain from him. I couldn't help but smile. They are so adorable.

"Y/N, there is something we need to tell you." Grandma sounded serious now while grandpa was still rubbing the back of his head. I nodded, wondering what it could be that they want to tell me.

"Y/N, I need you to listen carefully to what I have to say. You might need to know this as you plan to take over the business. Our company is not a small one. The thing is, although we used to sell jewellery and other decorative items that you won't find anywhere else in the world." She smirked proudly and continued, "There have been some complications lately."

"There has been illegal buying and selling of raw gold and your father has been the medium of this." I tried to act shocked as if I didn't already knew. "Since my son has been ignoring the real problem while being blunded by greed, we came to you, the future of this company."

I smiled. I already knew of what was happening. The reason father has been doing the illegal buying and selling of gold is because of his ego and greed. He was hungry for more and more power and rather than using his brain, he decided to choose the easier option without giving it a second thought. He was fooled and now our company is doomed. Well, that rhymes.

"You are but a child and this will be a huge responsibility on your shoulders but we needed to inform you. We dodn't want to keep you in the dark about such concerning problems because at the end of the day, you will be the one affected the most." Grandpa is correct and that is why I have already thought of ways to deal with this problem. However, I don't think it would be wise to tell them everything yet. I will take this as an opportunity to prove myself.

"What do you want me to do grandpa?" I asked politely yet firmly. I need to show them that I am capable of accepting any challenge.

"It's not like we cannot do anything. If I wanted, I would have stopped all this the day I found out about this." My eyes widened. This was the first time I saw him, not as my grandfather but as the dangerous man he used to be and still is. People are afraid of him and his cunning mind even now.

I realised that I stand nowhere near him, not yet.

"But Y/N, this will be a test. A test to check whether you are truly prepared for what's to come or not. Because dear, this is only a small hurdle and many more are yet to come."