⋆ S H I N I C H I R O...? ⋆

The five year old me, a stupid child who wasn't supposed to understand anything, was reading like a pro

The five year old me, a stupid child who wasn't supposed to understand anything, was reading like a pro. My mother was surprised but proud. But her next words surprised me.

"My baby, you're so amazing. But let's not tell your father about this ok? Otherwise he will overwork you and I don't want that. You're a child and you're supposed to have fun." Picking me up from where I sat, she walked towards the door. "Let's get you some ice cream as a reward, shall we?" She said while giving me a small peck on the cheek.

We were walking towards an ice cream parlour and I was holding my mother's slim hand in my tiny ones. Suddenly, two kids, a little older than me, bumped into me and my mother. Me being small and weak, fell down on my ass. "Sorry! We didn't see you." They apologised while bowling as my mother took me in her arms.

"Be careful next time children." When we started walking forward, I looked back to see at the kids more carefully. They looked oddly familiar. "Mama, can you put me down. I want to talk to them for a minute."

Mother seemed to hesitate for a minute, but put me down nonetheless. I ran towards the two, as fast as my tiny feet could take me. "Wait! Listen!" My mother just observed from behind, looking ready to kill anyone who tried to hurt me.

The two stopped to look at me. On of them had fluffy black hair while the other one looked like an egg. "Sorry! We're sorry!" They said again while shouting. "No no. It's alright. Can I know your name please?" I tried to give them the most polite smile I could.

Then one with the fluffy hair gulped and looked at his friend. "Come on. I don't have that much of time." Ah shit, here comes my old attitude.

"I-I am Shinichiro Sano and this is Takeomi Akashi." He stuttered a little but maintained eye contact. Wait I've heard that name before....

"Alright then, I'll get going." I didn't try to smile or anything this time. Acting kind is quiet difficult for me. Walking towards my mother, I extended my arms for her to pick me up and she did.

"What did you want to know baby?" I shook my head. "I want to make friends so I just wanted to know their names." A blatant lie. But the thing is that their names and their faces were familiar to me. Just who are they...?

As me and my mom ate our ice cream in silence, I raked my brain for any memory of the two boys I met prior. Shinichiro Sano..... wait...

NO NO IT CAN'T BE! Could he really be a character from that anime I once watched.... Tokyo Ravens..? Have I somehow transferred to the anime world? If it was just Shinichiro, then I would have taken it as a coincidence but Takeomi was there as well. If I'm correct then they both are from the same anime.

Wait, doesn't Shinichiro die in that manga and the one who killed him was a literal 13 year old. Wait if it really is Tokyo Ravens then many people will die, or was it Tokyo Revenge.... Ohhh right. It was Tokyo Revengers.

A cold shiver ran down my spine. Death... that scared me. As someone who has experienced death so close... it still makes me so.... vulnerable.

I don't like being vulnerable.

The fact that they'll go through the same thing... When I watched the anime, I didn't really care. But the fact that they are here, living in the same world as me, I can't help but feel a bit bad for them.

I side glanced my mother who looked pleased with the ice cream. When she noticed my stare, she looked ad me and gave me a sweet smile and a head pat.

I became flustered and looked down at my lap. I wonder what she would want me to do...

"Hey mom...," she hummed in response. "If I know what will happen to someone in the future and it's a really bad thing and I can save them, do you think I should." I said while making hand gestures to seem more child-like.

Her eyes widened at my question, her mouth forming an 'o' shape. Then she sighed and looked down. "If you can then you definitely should. Because at the end of the day, if you won't, you'll just blame yourself." She gave me a small smile.

It's true. And knowing that in the future the gang becomes a criminal organisation.... Well I guess that saving everyone would be a good way to redeem myself.

............(Dead) (Alive)............