9.

Zia

Zia

The James family is hosting a dinner party tonight for their immediate family and a couple friends and as much as I want to leave, I'm trapped. Delilah asked me if I could stay to keep an eye on Taryn and TJ even though it's the weekend and reluctantly I agreed, but there will be other children here to keep them occupied so it should be an easy night.

It's six o'clock and Delilah already got the kids dressed so I had this time to myself get ready and freshen up. After my talk with Karina, my mind is clear and made up. She really screwed my head on straight and helped me make sense of this shit. It's been a week and I've been avoiding the hell out of Torrance. I've noticed he's been so detached lately. As if something is troubling him.

Delilah said the occasion was semi formal meaning no jeans or t-shirts so I picked out a black sleeveless body suit that hugged my curves in all the right places with a cropped jean jacket. I put my fresh knotless braids that I just got done neatly up in a bun and laid my edges. I threw on a pair on a black heels that strapped all the way up my legs since I got a fresh pedicure I need to show off. I sprayed on my favorite Marc Jacobs perfume to complete my look and threw on some gloss. I grabbed my phone and closed my room door. I don't need any of these guests snooping around in my room.

As soon as I stepped out, Delilah came out her room as she was putting her other earring in her ear.

Her eyes widened and a huge smile grew on her face, "Wow, Zia! You look amazing!" she complimented, spinning me around playfully.

I smiled sincerely at her, "Thank you, so do you Mrs. Dee," I replied.

I walked downstairs and checked everything out. There were an assortment of appetizers set up neatly on the dining table until dinner was ready. From what I know, they hired a catering company to feed tonight's guests. There weren't many guests here right now, but there were some people here. Family, mostly.

In fact, one of them stood out. It was a girl who looked to be my age, maybe younger. She sat by her lonely, scrolling away on her phone.

I put on my best smile and waltzed over to her confidently. I could use some entertainment tonight.

"Hi," I greeted her.

She raised an eyebrow, "Do I know you?" she questioned, looking me up and down.

I giggled, "Im Zia. Delilah and Torrance's new nanny," i informed her.

"Oh okay. I'm Harlee, but everybody calls me Lee," she introduced herself, lightening up.

"I love your name. So where do you fit in here? Cousin? Niece? Little sister?"

"Delilah is my older sister. I just don't come around as much as I want to because I'm in college right now and ya know I'm too busy living life," she answered.