24.

Zia

Zia

Seeing Ravon on those machines fighting for his life damn near took me out. It truly broke my heart especially knowing I'm the reason he's in here. I should've went to the police a long time ago. I should've never let this go this far in the first place.

I need him to live because I don't know how I'm gonna live with myself if he doesn't. I know that may seem selfish, but I can't help it. This is all my fault and if this ends badly I don't know how I can move on from it.

"They say my baby boy's not gonna make it," I heard a soft voice speak from behind.

I turn around to be faced with who I assumed to be Ravon's mother and my heart dropped.

"He will. He's strong," I replied with a comforting smile.

"I sure hope so. If I lose another child, I just might go crazy," she joked, but I could hear the despair in her voice.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault. If he would have never - " she stopped me mid sentence.

"Now now chile! Ain't no need to blame ya'self. Shit just happens sometimes and God has a reason for everything. The Man upstairs has a plan for each and every one of his children and this is just a milestone. My baby is gonna make it because he is a fighter! I know exactly what happened and it is not your fault! It is his fault and his fault only! Men like that need to be locked away in a cage! It's what they deserve," she preached.

I felt a sense of comfort and relief wash over me for a second, but I glanced back over at Ravon and my heart instantly dropped again

I flashed a small smile, "Thank you so much."

"Well," she said standing up. "I'll give you two some privacy. Remember what I done told you Zia. I'm 55 and I weathered a lot of storms! I know a lil sumn," she winked before giving my shoulder a comforting squeeze.

I walked up to Rah's bedside slowly and grabbed his hand.

"We're gonna make it through this, baby. Please don't leave me now," I pleaded as I bent down and kissed him on his forehead.

I'm not sure if he can actually hear me, but I really hope he can. I need him to know he has people here that need him, that love him. He's shown me so much loyalty over the last month and I don't ever know how I can repay him for it. Only way I know how is to reciprocate the same love and loyalty to him.

"Rah, if you can hear me, please know that I am so sorry. So sorry for bringing this upon you. I prayed a thousand times to take it all back, but I can't. I need you to wake up so I can tell you how much I love you. You hear me? I love you, Ravon," I spoke softly with tears of guilt rolling down my face. My heart ached for the both of us, but mostly for him.

I sighed heavily as I kissed him on the forehead once more before deciding it's time to go lay back down in my room. I'm still feeling very weak from my injuries, which is why I'm in this stupid wheelchair. I wheeled myself where the nurse who brought me here and Rah's mom awaited me.