13.

Torrance

Torrance

I walked out of Zia's room as I zipped up my pants. Once again on a euphoric orgasmic high after another rendezvous with my sworn enemy. Ha, the irony.

I walked in my bedroom to find Delilah sleeping peacefully, mouth slightly ajar with a book in hand. I wonder if she pretends not to hear or she's just really blind to the obvious.

I chuckled quietly to myself at the realization of how naive my wife might be. Downstairs complaining about our marriage to the woman I'm sleeping with. I'm not calling her a fool, but her women's intuition is missing.

I know I should feel guilty, but I don't. If I did, I wouldn't keep running back to Zia. Right? As much as I want to be done with her, something about her is so addictive.

My wife is the arm candy; the trophy, but Zia is my real prize at the end of the rainbow. I'm a difficult man, but Zia is the only woman who's ever challenged me. Maybe that's what drew me to her; her strength. But in the back of mind, I knew I'm playing with fire.

Still on my orgasmic high, I walked in our nice sized bathroom in our room. I opened up the drawer and pulled out two pill bottles. Each medicine was for a different condition.

Zoloft for severe depression I've suffered from ever since I killed my father. Olanzapine for bipolar disorder to control my episodes that I suffer due to multiple personality disorder.

But I don't take them as often as the doctor recommended because they make me feel like I'm crazier than I already am. Sometimes they drain every emotion out of me and I can't function like that all the time. So I only take these when I feel myself slipping back2 into that dark place I never want to go again.

I wouldn't necessarily describe myself as crazy. Some things just never settled right with me and because of that I had to find ways to fight those demons and heal myself and well here we are.

I was diagnosed with each of the mental illnesses after the incident as a part of my defense. After I shot my father, something in my head turned off and never turned back on. The kind of heart you have to possess to kill your own father, the one who helped give you life.

Sometimes I feel like I'm not all the way here completely; I'm simply just existing. I manage to keep it together for the most part, I think. I needed an outlet and Zia's my outlet. The thought of someone else having her the way I have enrages me. So I've concluded that no one can have her.

But then again, she's dangerous. Dangerous because she's too curious and curiosity always kills the cat. I'm going to play it cool because I had any traces of my past erased from the media because I don't need nothing coming into light that can ruin my reputation.

I don't want to have to hurt Zia. I've hurt a lot of people in my lifetime. People that I'd once loved.

"You okay in there, babe? I have to pee if you're not using the bathroom," I heard Dee's familiar soft voice.

I quickly threw the meds back in the drawer and walked out of the bathroom. I wasn't in the mood to be pestered by my wife, but then again I never am.

"I'm fine, Dee," I responded blandly.

"Well are you sure you're alright?" she asked in a worried tone.

I sighed, "I'm fine, Delilah. I'm gonna go out for a drink. Don't wait up," I grabbed my jacket and turned to walk away trying to avoid further conversation.

I have bigger things to worry about now than whatever she's about to start bitching about.

"I want to come. We haven't had a date night in so long," her eyes lit up as she walked up and caressed my arm making me roll my eyes mentally.

I sighed, "Another night," I replied, gently removing her hand off of me.

"If you're fucking around on me, Torrance, just tell me now! I'm tired of being treated like the ugly stepchild, I'm your wife!"

I scoffed in annoyance, "Are you serious right now? Listen to yourself, you sound like a child."

She huffed and pinched the bridge of her nose, "I don't know what's gotten into you Torrance You've been acting like me and the kids don't even exist! And don't even get me started on the way you treat Zia! That girl could damn near sue us if she wanted to!"

If only she knew.

"Delilah, you work all the time so how do you know anything?! I love my kids and they know that. Stop talking out the side of your neck and go to sleep!" I waved her off rudely, "And as for Zia, I sign her checks so how I treat is frankly none of your concern."

She flinched at my harsh tone of voice. She cleared her throat and walked past me and into the bathroom. She slammed the door and locked the door. I shrugged and walked out the room to be met with Zia.

"Sad," she rolled her eyes.

"You love it," I shot back.

"No, I don't. Matter of fact, I quit this shit show!"

I chuckled, truly amused by her theatrics.

"Oh no, you're not done until I say you're done."

"Says who," her eyes glared at me, but she stood firm.

That's my girl.

"Says the contract you signed."

This man is worst than toxic! Does Torrance make y'all wanna scream too or it's just me? Lmao

COMMENT

VOTE

follow my ig: zariwrote.it