26.

Zia

Six Months Later . . .

"You have the final installment?"

Delilah and I nodded in unison. After everything that has happened, I'm more than relieved that this is finally about to be over. I can move on with my life and forget this ever happened. Forget he happened.

"Yes, of course. When have you known to play games with you, Doctor?" she sneered, but the look in their eyes was a dead giveaway that there was clearly something going on in between the two.

I knew that look too well. It's the same look Torrance gave me our first encounter and it's the same look I can't get out of my head.

Doctor Welch sighed and gestured for us to follow him into his office.

"Actually we hit a small bump in the road, but I'm hopeful that I can get him back on track. I just have to make he consistently takes his medicine, which we've had problems with him tossing his meds before."

Delilah shot me a worried look and I just lowered my head.

The uncertainty in his voice definitely gave me an unsettled feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm so ready for this nightmare to be completely over and to hear that this may not be the end worries me to no end.

Hearing that there's a possibility he could get out and get to me made me want to throw up right here and right now. I'm just ready to be done with Torrance James and move on with my life already.

What we're doing may seem unethical on all levels, but if you've crossed the same paths that I have with Torrance James as I have then you too would understand that this is the only way. The only way he will ever stop hurting people he so called loves is to be locked away forever. He deserves to be alone in here for the rest of his life.

I sat down and Delilah took a seat beside me.

"What is there to talk about? The electroshock therapy is working right?! Last time we spoke, you said it was working!" I slammed my hand down on his desk.

Doctor Welch sighed with an expression of deep concern on his face.

"Torrance was responding well with the shock therapy at first and I've been counseling him for awhile now trying to convince him that you all are a figment of his imagination, but he still asks for Zia everyday. We were thinking about increasing his dosage," he explained.

"Doctor Welch," Delilah started with an amused smirk on her face, "I don't think you quite understand what's at stake here. The man is batshit crazy and he's a threat to me and my children. I've been more than generous to this hospital and your research, but if you don't complete the real task at hand.. aw man. It's gonna be bad for you."

He cleared his throat, "No need for threats, Mrs. James."

"Ms," she corrected. "I'm no longer married in the eyes of the law and that wasn't a threat. That was a promise. I will stop at no cost to keep me and my children safe."

He cleared his throat, "Right so back to what I was saying. He's been bringing up Zia a lot more and his self awareness is improving, even after constant shock therapy. We're going to up his meds and go for a more extensive treatment."

"Well this is it, right?" I stood up, suddenly feeling the urge to leave.

I almost felt bad for what I did, but after hearing that Torrance is still obsessed with me washed away any guilt I had. Every time I step into the place and it's only been twice, I feel like I'm gonna suffocate. Like he has his eyes on me and I can't stand it. Just the thought of even seeing him again makes my skin crawl.

"Yes ma'am. For now." he shook my head ad escorted me and an angry Delilah out of his office and to the entrance of the building.

For a quick second, I glanced back and thought I saw Torrance in the corner of my eye with that famous smirk on his face. I quickly turned away and inhaled a deep breath. I looked again, but I turned my head slowly because I was afraid of what I would see. Who I would see. 

Not only did he leave me with a lot of physical stress, but with emotional distress. He traumatized me and to be honest, I don't know if I'll ever truly be over this. How can someone who claims to love you want to end your life?

Ravon and I are still together, but things are definitely different between us now.  At first, it was hard. I can tell he blamed me for what happened and honestly he had every right to. But with time and patience with each other, we're in a much better place now.

Me and Delilah walked side by side in utter silence. Of course, she still had animosity towards me and I can accept that. I accept my role in everything that happened, but bottom line that marriage starting going downhill long before I stepped into their lives.

"How are the kids?" I blurted out.

She looked at me and scoffed.

"How do you think they are? Now that their lives are over as they knew it is over because you decided to come in our house and fuck their father. How would you feel?"

"Oh so this is all my fault and none of Torrance's fault?" I asked with crossed arms.

She chuckled, "That's exactly what I said. If you would've never made a move on my husband, we would be going about our daily lives right now and he never would've gone crazy. I don't know what it is about you that drove him to do what he did, but I know that isn't the Torrance I knew or fall in love with. I don't plan on speaking to you again after today so good riddance," she said, sliding down her Prada shades and turning on her heels.

After everything that happened, you would think Delilah would gain some kind of clarity. But the woman is still in denial and I hope that doesn't bite her in the ass one day.

It doesn't matter. I'm finally free from the shackles of Torrance James. I got the man I really love, I'm in school, and I found a new job working on campus so all is well despite all I went through. I'm just happy I'm able to start fresh and truly move on.

Little did they know Torrance watched their interaction through the barred windows of the mental facility. He had his hands rested carelessly at his sides of his face with a sinister smile plastered on his face.

"My Zia," he whispered.

~~~

THE END.

COMMENT AND VOTE.

I JUST WANT TO SAY I'M REALLY SORRY FOR THE WAIT. I STARTED SCHOOL AGAIN THIS FALL AND WELL IT'S BEEN A CHALLENGE BUT WE MADE IT TO THE END GUYS.

REFUGE UPDATE COMING SOON. IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY CHECKED IT OUT, HEAD TO MY PAGE AND CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY.