22.

NEW STORY ALERT

NEW STORY ALERT. GO CHECK OUT MY NEWEST SHORT STORY TITLED REFUGE.

Zia

My eyes fluttered open and I realized that I'm lying on a hospital bed. I made a sad attempt to lift my head, but my limbs felt like they were being weighed down by a thousand boulders right now.. I feel like I got hit by a truck or something. The pain is definitely overwhelming. I can't even feel my legs and my arm is in a cast.

The fucked up part about all of this is I don't know how the hell I ended up here. I remember leaving the James' house and then after that everything is blank. Obviously I know we were in some kind of accident, but the details are all a big blur to me.

I just remember being in the car with Rah and then everything going black not even ten minutes.

"You're awake," I heard someone say.

I'm assuming it's the doctor entering my room.

I couldn't turn my head to see who it was so they came closer to me, but I sighed in relief when ir realized  my mother and my father was also now in the room.

"Mommy," I spoke groggily.

It hurt to speak so my voice is raspy right now.

"Ssh, don't talk," she said quietly.

She had tears running down her ageless face and my dad had a look of sadness on his face. I know it's killing them to see their only child laid up in a hospital bed. I couldn't imagine how they must've felt when they got that call.

"Don't be sad guys. I'm okay," I whispered.

She nodded and wiped her tears. My dad grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.

"I don't know what I would if I would've lost you baby girl," he sighed.

"Well I'm here and alive. Do you know if my boyfriend is okay? He was driving."

"I don't know, but I'll make sure to ask for you," my mom replied.

"Sweetheart, the police are here to ask you a few questions. Are you up to it?" my dad asked.

"Why are the police here?" I asked suspiciously.

Truthfully, I wasn't up to it but what's the difference between now and later? I might as well get it over with.

"I don't know, but they just want to ask you a few questions," my dad said.

I nodded and gave in even though I wasn't in the mood to be pestered by the law. Nobody ever was. I just got in this bitch and they already sniffing all in my shit.

Moments later, a detective walked  in, a woman. My parents stepped out the room to give us some privacy. She had a stern expression on her face, but she appeared to be about her business. The lady walked up to my bed and pulled a chair up to sit in.