18.

Torrance

Torrance

The color drained from my face as Zia's words echoed loudly in my ear. She knows and the fact that she knows only means one thing.

I chuckled trying desperately to play it off, "Who the hell is Liam? Now you just making up shit," I reply, dismissing her allegations.

She scoffed before rolling her eyes, "Yeah okay. You know exactly who I'm talking about. Now get the fuck out of my face already!" she snapped.

Somehow, I knew it would come to this. I knew it would come down to making a decision on whether my family is worth my love for Zia. It could've been, but she just can't stop sticking her nose in places it shouldn't be. So now I have to take it to the extreme and do the only thing I can do in this situation.

I stepped all the way in her room, closed and locked the door. I took slow, taunting steps towards Zia. I see right through this tough demeanor she tries to put on. It's a facade. She melts just at my touch.

She stood up with her head and shoulders held high.  I ran my fingertips down the length of her arm and felt the goosebumps form on her arm. I snaked my arm around her waist and yanked her body closer in one swift motion, causing her to let out a soft gasp.

"Get off," she pleaded.

"Why are you making it so hard for me to have you?" I say in her ear, placing soft kisses on her neck as one of my hand slid down her back and cupped her ass. Only for her to roughly push me off of her.

"Stop it!" she shouted, "Delilah knows, Torrance! It's fucking over! You have to get over whatever you think this is! It's done! It's been done!"

"I don't care about that, Zia. I know I'm fucked up, but you're the one person who I feel sane with. I can leave her and be with you. We can start over and be a family," I begged.

The sudden thought of her leaving me again made me feel something I haven't felt since the night I killed my father; desperation.

She groaned, "For God's sake, Torrance, Liam, whatever the fuck your name is. You have a wife who knows about what we've done and two children who adore you. Be with your wife and forget about me. Please, I'm begging you!"

I love you, Zia. Not her!"

She shook her head, "You don't even know what love is! How can you love me with a whole family! This should've never happened! It should've never even went this far in this first place! You've made it your business to make me feel beneath you the whole I've been here, since I stepped in this house! I'm done, I'm over it. I don't deserve this shit! And if you keep threatening me, I'll do what I have to do. Simple as that!"

"I don't know why you like to test me, Zia. I told you once and I'll keep telling you you're not done until I say you're done!" I said as I backed her into the corner of her bedroom.

Zia has a bad habit of wearing her emotions on her face. I can always read how she's feeling or predict how she's gonna react next because she's an open book.

"You can keep me here all you want because I'll never ever be with a killer like you! I know the real you!" she threatened.

My hands clenched as I did my best to keep my composure. Maybe it's best to let her go or my whole life could blow up and not in a good way. But there's no way I can sleep at night knowing she can out me at any minute. Or maybe I just didn't like the idea of her having power over me simply because she knows the one thing I tried my hardest to bury in the past. Now that my skeletons are coming out the closet, the panic is setting in. For Zia's sake, I hope she treads lightly because one wrong move and she might trigger me.

The sudden banging on the door interrupted our now heated argument. I only came to talk and reason with her I promise.

"Torrance, I know that's not your voice I hear in there!" she shouted angrily from the other side of the door.

I huffed in frustration at her theatrics. At this point, she can go. I have no desire to save this dying marriage anymore anyways, but my children aren't going anywhere. If Delilah can't accept that then I don't know what to tell her. Either she forgives me or she doesn't, but I'm not dealing with the extra shit anymore.

"Delilah, I'm having a private conversation with Zia. There's nothing going on now stop being so damn dramatic!" I replied calmly, opening the door to reveal my angry probably soon to be ex wife.

"Private?! Anything you need to say to that hoe you can say in front of your wife! You lost that privilege when you fucked her under our roof!" she spat. Zia lowered her head in embarrassment and looked away to continue packing up her things.

I groaned in irritation before gently pushing past her, deciding to leave Zia and Delilah to their thoughts because right now I got other things on my mind.

This man Torrance is literally so narcissistic! I almost screamed writing this damn chapter. Anyways, I know it's short guys but I'll be posting another update soon!

COMMENT AND VOTE as always!

ig:@ zariwrote.it

if you follow/followed me on there, lemme know so I can make sure to follow you guys back! Plus I'll be posting a Q&A soon if y'all stop being dry lol.