14.

Zia

Zia

I glanced at the red and purplish bruise forming on my wrist. I slid the sleeves of my jacket  down to hide the bruises as I made the way to Ravon's car. I took a deep breath in a desperate attempt to shake Torrance and his latest antics out of my mind. At least for the time being.

Ravon's bright smile came into view as I got in his car, which definitely lightened my mood a whole lot just seeing his face. Something about this boy's aura just instantly puts me in a better mood. The first time I met him we clicked instantly and I think it's because his energy is so soothing.

"Wassup baby girl," he greeted me sweetly.

He placed a kiss on my cheek and I blushed.

"Hey Rah," I replied, giving him a side hug.

Although I'm probably coming off as cheerful, I'm far from that. My mood has been killed indefinitely and I don't know if it would change to be honest, but I'll do my best not to put a damper on this date.

"Everything okay?" he asked.

I nodded, "I'm fine. Just another stupid argument with Torr- my boss," I replied, catching myself.

He killed the engine, "Look, I can tell something's wrong just by your energy. If you don't want to talk about it right now, that's fine. Just know I got this gift of reading people and seeing through them so no need to fake it. It's okay not to be okay sometimes."

"Shit's just complicated," I shrugged, "This kind of job is definitely new for me and the rules are going to take some getting some used to. I hate feeling controlled," I replied somewhat truthfully.

The lies flowed out like butter. I'm not completely lying, just omitting the truth. No one can ever know what really goes down in the household. Not ever. The only person I've told is my best friend and that's because I needed to vent to someone and she's the only one I really trust in this world.

"Well long as you not physically harmed, stick it out and stack your money up. Fuck their rules. Just make sure your job is done and they can't say shit to you."

I lowered my head and sighed in frustration.

"So he put his hands on you?"

That's an understatement, I thought to myself.

"He just grabbed me forreal. I just hate that I can't whoop his ass cause he signs my fuckin' paychecks."

"Grabbed you, hit you, it's all the same shit! I'll go fuck that nigga up right now!"

"Ravon," I sighed. "I don't want you doing anything stupid. He's a powerful, but evil man and trust me, he's definitely not the one to go pissing off," I tried to convince him.

Torrance James is a spiteful, possessive man and who knows what he'll do if he felt threatened. I couldn't live myself if something happen to Ravon because of me.