23.

Torrance

Torrance

Delilah left with Taryn and TJ last night because she claims she needs time to think bout whether she wants to stay in this marriage or not. I honestly underestimated my wife's strength because I didn't think she would actually get up and leave with our children.

Now that Zia and my wife are both gone, I don't know what to do with myself or how to feel. I know one thing though. I'm angry. Angry that I ended up with no one when all Zia had to do was be with me. I would've left Delilah and it could've all been so simple, but she just couldn't listen. It's sad I had to teach her a lesson and show her some tough love, but she's selfish. She can't see things in my perspective so I put it into perspective for her. With that hood rat out of the picture, she'll have no choice but to be with me.

The ringing of the doorbell snapped me out of my thoughts.

I groaned before getting up to open the door. When I didn't get up right away, the stranger rung my doorbell twice more.

"I'm coming!" I snapped.

I opened the door to be met with a woman. I'd say she's in her late twenties or early thirties, but she's attractive nonetheless.

"Can I help you?" I asked dryly.

"Are you Torrance James?" she asked.

"Depends on who's asking," I winked.

"Cut the jokes, sir. I'm here to ask you a few questions about your whereabouts last night," she says catching me slightly off guard.

"Actually, I was just getting ready to head out so can this wait?"

"Nah, it can't wait actually," she sneered before pushing past me and walking inside my home.

Once she was in, she took a quick look around before nodding her hand and writing some things down on her notepad.

"You have a lovely home, sir. May I ask what it is exactly that you do for a living?" she questioned, taking it upon herself to take a seat in the leather love seat that rested in my living room; my seat.

"I own an accounting firm. Next." I scoffed rudely.

I'm a bit irritated at how this stranger just barged in my house. Or maybe it's at the fact that she thinks she can. This is my house. Police or not, if I say you can't come in then that's what I mean

"No need for the attitude, Mr. James. There was an accident last night involving your former employee and I just would like to get all the details to see that whoever could do such a heinous thing suffers the proper consequences."

Zia opened her big ass mouth. Or was it her pissy boyfriend? I hoped and hoped all night long that Ravon would die because it left no choice to Zia but to come back to me. The one she really loves. The one she can't resist. Not then, not now, and not ever.