Just For Tonight

JJ x f!reader

Warnings: None

Prompt: While at a party JJ and y/n decide to pretend to be in love just for a night.

***********************************

      "JJ!" I shouted to the boy I barely knew. This is what happens when I drink just enough. Not that I'm drunk. The boys head and over to look at me. "Wanna dance?" I asked him. Again, something I would never do. I have always thought he was cute. But I've never had the courage to do anything about my feelings. "You want to dance with me?" He asked. I nodded. "Alright!" He took my hand and brought me too where others were dancing by the music.

   I had my back pressed against his chest as we moved to the music. JJ leaned down to my ear and said, "I have an idea. It'll be fun." "And what's that?" "Follow me." He took my hand and pulled me away from everyone. "JJ? Where are we goi-" I was cut off when I was pushed against a wall. JJ then started to kiss me. It was absolutely amazing. I loved it. But it had to stop. I wasn't doing this with him here and now. And now I'll probably ruin the best thing to ever happen to me. "JJ. We should-stop." As he heard those words he pulled aways and looked at me. "I-I'm sorry." He said. "No, don't be." I said with a smile. "I have a better idea. And it won't involve this." I said motioning to what we were previously doing. "Okay?" He asked confused. I smiled and took his hand this time. We left the house and went out to the beach.

     "What are we doing?" He asked. "Have you every wanted to know what it's like to feel love?" "I feel it every time I'm alone with a girl." He said with a smirk. I shoved him playfully and said, "I'm serious." "Well I doubt I'll ever have something like that." He said now serious. "Okay, so let's pretend we're in love. Just for tonight." "You would want to pretend to be in love with me?" "As long as you reciprocate it." I said with a hopeful smile. "I'm in." Before anything else could be said, I kissed him passionately. "Wow." He said as we pulled apart. I let out a small giggle, and we walked back to the party hand in hand. Instantly I saw the group of people he is always hanging out with. "Wow, JJ left with a girl and didn't ditch her right after." The dark haired girl said. "Nothing happened between us." JJ stated. "Yeah, right." The boy I know as John B said. "Wait are you holding hands?" The other boy said. JJ looked down to our connected hands then smiled at his friends. "Yeah." He said plainly. "Okay well I'm Kie, that's John B, and That's Pope." Kie said. "Y/n." I stated. "Nice to meet you." Pope said. ""You as well." I smiled. "And now you can come meet my friends." I said with a smile. "But they're kooks." "So am I." "Fair enough." We walked over to the group of people. "Y/n, what are you doing with him? I thought you were supposed to be getting over a guy. Not finding another one." Y/bff/n said. JJ looked to me confused and instantly Josh walked over. Josh is like the big brother I never had. He has been there for me since 1st grade. Well he was in 3rd. But that's besides the point. "And you are!?" He asked acting all tough when in reality he is just a cuddly teddy bear. "Josh, this is JJ." I said with a smile. They began to talk and soon enough their conversation was over.

     "What do we do now?" He asked. "I honestly don't know." I said with a small chuckle. The party died down and JJ and I decided to go for a walk on the beach. "Y/n, do you trust me?" "Not really, I just met you." "True. Butttttt-" "Alright, what is it?" He picked me up then spun me around. "You look really pretty by the way." I blushes a bit then said, "Yeah, you're alright." "I'm truly hurt." "Awe, I'm sorry." I said pretending to be sympathetic. He made a fake pout and I pecked his lips. He then started to walk while still carrying me. "What are you doing JJ." "Getting payback for you being mean." He said with a smile. Before I could question him, we went u der water. This gave me the best idea. "JJ! I can't swim!" I yelled pretending to start to drown. "Y/n!" He shouted and he swam over to me. As he got close enough, I popped up and pushed him under water. "You little-" he said as he surface. "Little what?" I questioned cutting him off. He shook his head then splashed me. I splashed back and this turned into a complete water war.

     "I can't breathe!" I said through my hard laughter. JJ just continued laughing. We got out of the water and walked along the beach some more. "I'm glad you agreed to do this." I said with a smile. "Me too." He said with a bigger smile. But then it hit me. This is where it ends. "And it'll all be over when we wake up." I said. "Then lets not go to sleep." "It'll still be over when the sun rises." He sighed. "Yeah, because it was just for tonight." I nodded. "Well let's make the most of tonight." He agreed and we continued to walk around. "How about a date?" He asked. I looked to him confused and then he pulled me to The Wreck. "It's closed." I said. "Not when you know the owners daughter." He said. I laughed and we walked in. "Luckily a chef if the back is already preparing our food."  "Who?" "Just a friend." I nodded at his suspicious answer and we both sat down. "Here ya go." I heard a girl say as food was set down on our table. "Oh hey." I said as I realized it was Kie. "Have fun you two. And JJ I swear if you break anything you are dead." JJ nodded quickly. Kie and I both laughed and she walked away.

     "Catch!" He said as he threw a fry to me. "Really!? Horrible throw!" "I'd like to see you do better." I grabbed a fry and tossed it to him and it hit his eye. "Wow! Absolutely amazing!" "I know! I'm just so good at that." We both laughed and continued messing around. My phone buzzed 3 times and I looked down it was messages from my mom.

Mom: Where are you!?

Mom: you were supposed to be home 4 hours ago!

Mom: y/f/n if you don't get home and in your bed in the next 5 minutes don't think about ever coming back!

     "Shit." I said. "What?" He asked. "I've got to go. Or I may end up homeless." "Welcome to the club." "You're not homeless." "Close enough." I shook my head and he said, "I'll walk you home."

*At the house*

     "So what, we just forget about each other once you walk into your house?" He asked. "I mean that was basically the plan right?" "Yeah, yeah." "You alright?" I asked. "Oh, Me? Yeah I'm fine. I'm good." He said. "I really need to go in." I said as I sighed. "Yeah." We were both quiet, so I walked closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. "Y/n. Please. Don't." I was taken back. "Oh, I'm sorry." "No, it's not that. I just- It'll make it a lot harder to forget you." "Right." We were both quiet again and I said, "But what if I don't want to forget." "What do you mean?" "This." I kissed him again. And he kissed back. It gave me this weird feeling in my stomach. Like I was going to be sick. But was also the most happy I've ever been. "How about we make it official?" He asked. "I wouldn't want it any other way." He kissed me passionately again.

     We were broken by the sound of something falling out of my bedroom window. I looked over and saw a duffel bag. I looked up and saw my mom at my window. "I told you 5 minutes." She said. "She's bluffing. There's no way she's serious." "She's serious alright. Looks like I'm homeless." "I've got the perfect place for you to stay.

*The Chateau*

     "So it's cool with you?" I heard JJ ask John B. "Yeah." He responded. JJ walked back to me and said. "Soooo, you've got a place to stay." I smiled and hugged him. "Thank you." "But you have to share a room with me." "Fine by me." I said. I kissed his cheek and we walked into the Chateau.