I wanted to do something sweet

JJxf!reader

Warnings: Sad, and Mentions of abuse and sexual assault.

Prompt: Y/n had a rough night after going home and she wanted to do something nice for her friends...

(This is just like the hot tub scene, but instead of JJ being the one to buy the hot tub, y/n is the one who buys it...)

**********************************************

I sat it the hot tub happy as ever. I think the pogues are really gonna enjoy this. "I knew they would be coming back soon, so I popped a bottle of champagne. "Y/n?" Pope asked. I turned my head to him as I sat down. He was with Kie and JJ. "Hey!" I said excited. "Y'all should get in immediately. You hear me?" I said as I poured champagne. "How much did this cost?" JJ asked me. "Uhhhh, we'll, with the generator, the pestrol, oh, hey, express delivery, I spentttt... pretty much all of it." I said. "All of it?" Pope asked. "Yeah." I said. "You spent all the money in one day?" JJ asked. "Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket." I said then laughed a little.

They all looked at me as if I did something wrong. "But I mean like, come on guys. Look at this. Finest and her based massage therapy. That's what they told me." I smiled knowing I did something right. I looked to my best friend and she looked mad. "Kie what?" I asked. "Can't I have a little luxury in life?" I asked. "God! All this scrimping and scraping. I mean, guys you only live once. Right?" I asked them and they stayed quiet. "Enough of this emotional shit, hey in the cats ass, come on." I said waving them to come in. "The what?" Kie asked. "The cats ass. That's what I named her." I then got excited as I remembered what I paid an extra $500 for. "Oh hey yo, I almost forgot." I leaned over and pushed the small button. And the lights turned on and they saw the disco ball, "yeah, that's right baby. Disco mode. That's right baby." I said with a smile as I sat down again.

"Are you kidding me?" Pope yelled making my smile turn to a frown. "You could have given it to any charity." Kie said. Now this hurt. All I wanted to do was something nice. "Or better yet you could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well." Pope yelled. "Okay well you know what! I didn't do that!" I yelled as I stood up. "I got a hot tub." They all looked at me like I was a lost puppy. "For my friends. I got a hot tub for my friends. No, you know what, screw friends. I got a hot tub for my family." "Y/n, why the hell?" Kie asked. "I got this for you guys, look what I got for you. Alright?" They still gave me that look. "Look at this." I said with my voice starting to crack. "Y/n." JJ said as he looked at me. "No, JJ, stop being emotional. It's fine. Okay?" I couldn't continue to talk cause I honestly felt I couldn't breath. I was stopping myself from crying and that's when JJ walked closer. "I mean it's sweet right?" I asked. He climbed in fully clothed and came straight towards me.

He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same. Everything all came out l at once. I sobbed into his chest and he just held me closer to him. "I was gonna do it." I said as I sobbed more. "I can't take him anymore JJ." His fingers ran through my hair as I sobbed. "I was gonna kill him." Pope and Kie came over and hugged me from the outside for the hot tub. "I just wanted to do the right thing you guys." "I know y/n." JJ said before he kissed the top of my head. We stood there for a few more moments. Until my sobs were slowed. JJ turned and looked at Kie and Pope then said, "I've got this guys." "Thanks for the hot tub y/n. It's amazing." Pope said softly. "Yeah, it's great." Kie said quietly. I still was held close to JJ. I didn't say anything back. I was afraid I'd start crying again. As soon as I knew I'd look at JJ without crying, I pulled away from him.

"I'm sorry J. I-I thought this would be the right thing to do. I thought you guys would be happy about having this. I mean it was supposed to be a great surprise. Not one that ended like it did." "I know baby." He said softly. I stayed quiet. "Why didn't you come to me?" He asked. My eyes started to water, but I held back. "Umm... I just- I- I didn't think you would believe me. And I tried covering up the bruises but I kinda had a little bit too much to drink and I forgot that my makeup Wasn't waterproof." "Why would you think I wouldn't believe you? Do I not make you feel like I'd trust you?" He asked with hurt in his eyes. "No, it's not like that. It's just, no one I've told believes me. Especially not the part that is noticeable." I said with a sigh. "What do you mean baby?" He asked as he softly grabbed my hand comfortingly. "M-my dad gets angry and abusive when he's drunk. But when he gets REALLY drunk. He does other things." JJ looked at me and was about to say something but I cut him off. "Only to me. Never to my brothers, cause he can't. I mean he could. But. I'm glad he doesn't. I wouldn't want my brothers dealing with that." "Oh my god." JJ said. He pulled me into a hug. "Did that happen this time?" He asked. I just stayed quiet. "Baby, talk to me. Please." I just nodded then started to tear up. As a single tear rolled down my cheek JJ wiped it away. "You're staying here with me. Okay?" "J, I can't leave my brothers." I said. "We can figure out how to help them tomorrow, but you are not going back there." He said. "I don't have any stuff." "You can use my stuff, and I'm sure Kie has clothes left here that you can use until i can go to your house and get stuff for you." He said. "JJ, that's a lot. I can just go home so we can avoid it all. It's nothing that hasn't happened before." "You are not going home. Do you understand me?" He said sternly. I nodded again. "Come on, let's go inside." He said. He took my hand and helped me stand up. "I love you. And I'm so sorry you had to deal with this. I wish you would have told me sooner." He said softly. I hugged him again. "I love you JJ. Thank you for being here for me." I said making tear brim my eyes. "I always will be." I leaned forward and he softly kissed my lips.

He went out first then I followed. As I lifted my leg over the side I felt a wave of pain go through my body. I winced and just stopped moving. "Okay. Sit on the side." JJ said. I did what he said, and then he leaned over and carefully lifted both my legs over the side as he spun me around. I was then facing him. "Thank you J." I said. He just smiled at me then helped me up once more. Him and I then walked into the Chateau. We saw Pope and Kie asleep together on the couch. We both smiled then laughed. And then we walked into the bedroom that was once big johns, but JJ has taken over since big John went missing. "Here you can wear any of my clothes you want. And I'll come back in just a few minutes." I nodded and he kissed my cheek and walked out. I grabbed one of his shirts and then I grabbed my shorts that I was wearing before I got in the hot tub. I got my shorts and stuff on, but as I went to take off my bathing suit top and out on the shirt, I felt the pain from moving my arms. I waited for JJ to come back cause I knew I was gonna need help.

As he walked through the door. "J, can you untie my top for me?" I asked him. "Yeah of course." He walked over and came behind me. And then he helped untie both the part around my neck and the part around my ribs. As he did so I quickly removed my top and put his shirt on. "I didn't hurt you right?" He asked. I shook my head. He then brought me over to the bed and I laid down. "I'm gonna get some ice for your bruises." He said. "You don't have to do that." I said. "Well I'm going to. It'll help the bruises heal faster." I nodded. JJ left and only a few minutes later he came back with 3 ice packs for the 3 worst spots on my body. After I placed them in the bruises JJ laid down next to me. "Thank you JJ." I said softly. "I'm just doing the right thing." He said as he shrugged. "You're the best boyfriend I could ask for. You treat me better than anyone else has. And I appreciate that so much. You mean the world to me." "I would do anything for you. I love you so much." I smiled and he kissed my cheek. "Can I tell you something?" He asked. "Of course." "I understand why you thought I wouldn't believe you about the second half of what happened. But I know that you knew I would believe you about the first part. Because I know the real reason you didn't want to tell me." "Wh-what do you mean?" I asked. "My dad abuses me. He has since my mom left. I never told you cause I never wanted you to worry about me. Because I knew no matter what, I would be fine. My dad may have hit me, but he never went to the point of me almost loosing my life. So I knew I would live to see you and the pogues again." "JJ, I had no idea." I said softly. "That means I did something right. You really shouldn't be worried about me. But I just wanted you to know, I get why you didn't tell me. And I'm sorry you had to deal with that. But I love you and I'm not letting you go through that anymore." "I love you too JJ." We stayed up for awhile and talked.

I took the ice packs off and I moved over closer to JJ. I laid my head on his bare chest. "If it makes you feel any better, the hot tub was a really great surprise for all us." He said making me laugh. "I'm sorry, you guys were right I should have used it for something more important." I said with a sigh. "It's okay." He said with a soft chuckle. "I'm really tired." I said with a sigh. "Rest up princess." He kissed the top of my head and I slowly drifted off to sleep. "Goodnight J." "Goodnight baby."

(A/n: really hope you liked this one! Hope you have a good day/night! ❤️)

**********************************************

I also really want to thank you guys for 32k reads. I hope you guys actually enjoy reading my short stories. If you guys have any ideas feel free to message me and I will try and turn them into a story. Anyways, again, thank you. And I love you all.